The Loyola Marymount Lions (8-17, 2-9 WCC) and the Santa Clara Broncos (18-8, 5-6 WCC) battle at Leavey Center. The Lions will try to snap their five-game losing streak. Action begins at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Loyola Marymount Lions vs. Santa Clara Broncos ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Broncos fell to the San Francisco Dons, 70-61, while the Lions were blown out by the BYU Cougars, 77-54.
Loyola Marymount had a better effective field goal percentage (0.533 vs. 0.567) while Santa Clara held San Francisco to an effective field goal percentage of 0.467 (below their season average of 0.522). Santa Clara’s DJ Mitchell had a good game, recording 12 points and 10 rebounds. Keli Leaupepe, meanwhile fueled Loyola Marymount with 15 points and five rebounds.
The Lions dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent contest, Loyola Marymount won 72-70. Loyola Marymount made good use of their 37 trips to the free throw line, making 30 of them (81.1 percent). Santa Clara, meanwhile, was 21-22 (95.5 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
This contest should be a matchup of conflicting paces. Santa Clara has preferred a fast-breaking style of play (36th in possessions per game), while Loyola Marymount has been slower-paced (335th in possessions per game).
Loyola Marymount vs. Santa Clara Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Santa Clara, ATS Winner – Santa Clara, O/U – Under
- Loyola Marymount ranks seventh in rebounds allowed per game (29.8) while Santa Clara ranks 193rd (36.1).
- The Broncos average 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 71st in the NCAA. The Lions rank 121st in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Santa Clara averages 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 81st in the NCAA. Loyola Marymount ranks 120th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Broncos rank 51st in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while the Lions rank 231st (23.9).
- Santa Clara ranks 19th in assists per game (16.1) while Loyola Marymount ranks 197th (12.1).
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (4.2 above their season average).
- The Lions’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.0, up from 3.8 for the season.