Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the Loyola Marymount Lions (9-17, 3-9 WCC) travel to Saint Mary’s to play the Gaels (21-6, 8-4 WCC). Action begins at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Loyola Marymount Lions at Saint Mary’s Gaels ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Gaels defeated the Pacific Tigers 71-63, while the Lions beat the Santa Clara Broncos 65-59.
The Lions forced 15 turnovers and held the Broncos to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.8 (below the 27.8 mark opponents have averaged against Loyola Marymount this season). Meanwhile, Saint Mary’s’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over Pacific. The Gaels had a rate of 26.9 (above their season average of 26.6), while the Tigers posted a mark of 14.3 (below their season average of 33.6). Dan Fotu had a good outing for Saint Mary’s, recording 16 points and 10 rebounds. Eli Scott, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Loyola Marymount with 19 points and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Tanner Krebs led the Gaels to a 73-62 win. He scored a game-high 19 points. Saint Mary’s’ 0.341 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Loyola Marymount, who had a mark of 0.250.
Saint Mary’s could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Gaels rank fourth in offensive efficiency, while Loyola Marymount ranks 312th in defensive efficiency.
Loyola Marymount vs. Saint Mary’s Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Mary’s, ATS Winner – Saint Mary’s, O/U – Over
- Saint Mary’s ranks 24th in three pointers allowed per game (18.0) while Loyola Marymount ranks 219th (23.7).
- The Gaels rank 256th in rebounds per game (32.5) while the Lions rank 280th (30.0).
- The Gaels rank eighth in assists allowed per game (9.5) while the Lions rank 201st (13.7).
- Saint Mary’s ranks second in steals allowed per game (4.1) while Loyola Marymount ranks 116th (6.4).
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 60.6 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (1.7 above their season average).
- The Gaels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 9.7 for the season.