The Portland Pilots (9-19, 1-12 WCC) wrap up their home schedule at Earle A. Chiles Center against the Loyola Marymount Lions (9-18, 3-10 WCC). The game begins at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Loyola Marymount Lions at Portland Pilots ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Pilots fell to the Pepperdine Waves, 66-59, while the Lions were defeated by the Saint Mary’s Gaels, 57-51.
Loyola Marymount had a turnover percentage of 12.6 (better than their season average of 18.9) while Portland held Pepperdine to an effective field goal percentage of 0.386 (below their season average of 0.508). Tahirou Diabate played a key role for Portland with 12 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Eli Scott had a solid performance for Loyola Marymount, recording 22 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Keli Leaupepe led the Lions to a 77-65 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 24 points. Loyola Marymount had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.6 vs. 12.5). Portland, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (8.2 vs. 24.3).
The sweet-shooting offense of Loyola Marymount (83rd in the country with an effective field goal percentage 0.520) will square off against the mid-tier defense of Portland (217th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.499). The Lions should have the edge on that end of the court.
Loyola Marymount Lions vs. Portland Pilots Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Portland, ATS Winner – Portland, O/U – Under
- Loyola Marymount ranks seventh in rebounds allowed per game (29.8) while Portland ranks 256th (38.0).
- The Pilots rank 232nd in three pointers attempted per game (19.2) while the Lions rank 271st (17.7).
- Loyola Marymount averages 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 152nd in the nation. Portland ranks 170th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Pilots rank 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Lions rank 123rd (3.5).
- Loyola Marymount ranks 189th in assists allowed per game (13.6) while Portland ranks 252nd (15.6).
- The Pilots’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.8, up from 5.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 60.8 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (1.1 above their season average).