The Incarnate Word Cardinals (3-0) are off to a hot start and will try to remain undefeated when they take on the Loyola Marymount Lions (2-1) at Alice P. McDermott Convocation Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Loyola Marymount Lions at Incarnate Word Cardinals ATS Preview
The Lions were victorious over the McNeese State Cowboys in their last matchup, 92-86. With 15 points and seven assists, Loyola Marymounts James Batemon had a good game. Loyola Marymount played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.5 and a free throw rate of 0.348. McNeese State put up marks of 21.5 and 0.300, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Cardinals last game, they blew out the McMurry War Hawks, 88-49. Incarnate Word rallied around Shawn Johnson, who finished with 19 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Incarnate Word played a nearly perfect game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.559 and a turnover percentage of 13.4. For those same stats, McMurry was 0.308 and 22.4, respectively.
The physical Incarnate Word offense seems poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Cardinals rank 14th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.311, while Loyola Marymount ranks 330th in FTA rate allowed (0.311) dating back to last season.
The Lions won the only game against the Cardinals last season, 91-90. Loyola Marymount had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (43.2 vs. 25.0). Incarnate Word, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (29-35; 82.9 percent).
Loyola Marymount Lions at Incarnate Word Cardinals ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Marymount, ATS Winner – Loyola Marymount, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions rank 87th in assists per game (14.8) while the Cardinals rank 180th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Incarnate Word ranks 12th in three pointers allowed per game (17.0) while Loyola Marymount ranks 63rd (19.3).
- Loyola Marymount ranks 29th in steals per game (7.8) while Incarnate Word ranks 228th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Lions rank 142nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.7) while the Cardinals rank 303rd (39.3).
- Incarnate Word ranks 19th in blocks per game (5.1) while Loyola Marymount ranks 176th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).