The Loyola Marymount Lions (14-5, 2-3 WCC) will be at Jenny Craig Pavilion to clash with the San Diego Toreros (13-7, 2-3 WCC) in a WCC matchup. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Loyola Marymount Lions vs. San Diego Toreros ATS Odds
In their last game, the Toreros were beaten by the Saint Mary’s Gaels, 76-59, while the Lions were victorious over the Pepperdine Waves, 74-70.
Loyola Marymount played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.241 (below their season average of 0.277) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.6 (below their season average of 34.1). Pepperdine was 0.105 and 25.7, respectively, for those same stats. San Diego, on the other hand, held Saint Mary’s to an effective field goal percentage of 0.476 (below their season average of 0.563). San Diego rallied around Isaiah Pineiro, who finished with 19 points and eight rebounds. Mattias Markusson, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Loyola Marymount with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
The Toreros dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, San Diego won 89-82. San Diego’s 0.327 free throw rate was their largest strength over Loyola Marymount, who had a mark of 0.238. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of San Diego. San Diego ranks 190th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.1 percent), while the gambling defense of Loyola Marymount forces the 26th-most turnovers in the nation (23.4 percent). Also, the Lions rank 41st in offensive rebounding percentage (33.9 percent), while the Toreros rank eighth in defensive rebounding percentage (77.7 percent).
Loyola Marymount Lions vs. San Diego Toreros Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – San Diego, ATS Winner – Loyola Marymount, O/U – Under
- San Diego ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while Loyola Marymount ranks 157th (13.7).
- The Lions rank 61st in steals per game (7.4) while the Toreros rank 129th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Loyola Marymount is fourth in the nation with 29.1 rebounds allowed per game while San Diego is 23rd with 31.3 rebounds allowed per game.
- The Toreros rank 160th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while the Lions rank 277th (16.7).
- San Diego ranks 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Loyola Marymount ranks 116th (3.7).
- The Toreros have been outscored by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. For the season, San Diego has defeated opponents by an average of 6.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 65.4 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (8.7 above their season average).