The Navy Midshipmen (13-14, 7-9 Pat) close out their home schedule at Alumni Hall against the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (15-14, 7-9 Pat). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds vs. Navy Midshipmen Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Midshipmen fell to the Army West Point Black Knights, 86-75, while the Greyhounds won a close one over the Lafayette Leopards, 70-68.
The Greyhounds had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.357 (above their season average of 0.278) and held the Leopards to an effective field goal percentage of 0.421 (below their season average of 0.539). Navy, meanwhile, held Army West Point to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.9 (below their season average of 20.5). Cam Davis fueled Navy with 28 points. Meanwhile, Golden Dike had a good game for Loyola Maryland, putting up 14 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Andrew Kostecka led the Greyhounds to a 79-73 victory. He produced 21 points and seven rebounds. Loyola Maryland made good use of their 35 trips to the charity stripe, making 28 of them (80.0 percent). Navy, meanwhile, was 12-15 (80.0 percent).
Navy appears to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Midshipmen are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 31st in offensive rebounding percentage at 33.8 percent. Meanwhile, Loyola Maryland ranks 247th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 70.8 percent. Furthermore, the Greyhounds rank 56th in effective field goal percentage (0.530), whereas the porous defense of the Midshipmen ranks 270th with an effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.510.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds at Navy Midshipmen Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Navy, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Under
- Loyola Maryland ranks 23rd in assists per game (15.5) while Navy ranks 232nd (11.3).
- The Midshipmen rank 161st in three pointers allowed per game (21.9) while the Greyhounds rank 248th (24.3).
- The Midshipmen rank 28th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while the Greyhounds rank 156th (35.3).
- Loyola Maryland ranks 146th in blocks per game (2.9) while Navy ranks 235th (1.6).
- The Midshipmen’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Greyhounds have scored an average of 62.2 points per game (9.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.2 points per game (11.5 below their season average).