The Fairfield Stags (1-0) will be at home in Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard when they go head-to-head with the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (0-1). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds at Fairfield Stags Odds Preview
In the Greyhounds last matchup, they were beaten by the No. 19 Northwestern Wildcats, 79-75. Loyola Marylands Cam Gregory finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds in the contest. Northwestern had a better turnover percentage (16.3 vs. 20.1). Loyola Maryland, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (29.3 vs. 27.3).
The Stags will look to maintain momentum after topping the Penn Quakers in their last game, 80-72. With 30 points on 9-for-18 shooting, Tyler Nelson was the top scorer from either team. The Stags had a much better free throw rate (0.357 vs. 0.153) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.536 vs. 0.424).
It will be a matchup of conflicting paces as the up-tempo Stags will look to push the more methodical Greyhounds. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Stags rank 72nd in possessions per game while the Greyhounds are 272nd.
The Greyhounds won the only contest against the Stags last season, 81-66. Loyola Maryland had a much better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 24.0). Fairfield, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.0 vs. 35.0).
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds vs. Fairfield Stags Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Stags rank 77th in assists per game (14.9) while the Greyhounds rank 255th (11.8).
- Loyola Maryland ranks 52nd in steals per game (7.2) while Fairfield ranks 178th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Fairfield ranks 36th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while Loyola Maryland ranks 304th (16.3).
- The Greyhounds rank 43rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while the Stags rank 282nd (38.1).
- Fairfield ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Loyola Maryland ranks 254th (4.5).