The Chicago State Cougars (1-0) will be at home in the Jones Convocation Center when they take on the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (0-1). Action starts at 3:05 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds vs. Chicago State Cougars Betting Odds
In their last game, the Cougars had no trouble getting past the Judson Eagles, 103-60, while the Greyhounds got blown out by the Marquette Golden Eagles, 88-53.
Chicago State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.623 and a turnover percentage of 13.8. Judson was 0.333 and 19.3, respectively, for those same stats. Loyola Maryland, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (11.8 vs. 23.9). Chicago State was lifted by Xavier Johnson, who finished with 37 points and five assists. Meanwhile, Isaiah Hart had a solid performance for Loyola Maryland, putting up 13 points.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Chicago State. Since last season, Chicago State ranks 333rd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.3 percent), while the gambling defense of Loyola Maryland has forced the 61st-most turnovers in the nation (20.9 percent).
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds at Chicago State Cougars Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Chicago State, ATS Winner – Chicago State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Loyola Maryland ranks 61st in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while Chicago State ranks 306th (26.7).
- The Greyhounds rank 104th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9) while the Cougars rank 285th (38.6).
- Chicago State ranks 98th in blocks allowed per game (3.1) while Loyola Maryland ranks 234th (4.6).
- The Greyhounds rank 14th in steals per game (8.8) while the Cougars rank 252nd in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Loyola Maryland ranks 115th in assists per game (13.9) while Chicago State ranks 304th in assists allowed per game (16.8).