The Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks (3-1) will be at home in Costello Athletic Center when they square off with the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (1-3). Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds at Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks Odds Preview
In the Greyhounds last contest, they dismantled the Goucher Gophers, 97-45. Cam Gregory was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Loyola Maryland dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.258 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.425). For those same stats, Goucher put up marks of 0.078 and 0.313, respectively.
The River Hawks will look to maintain momentum after beating the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds in their last matchup, 74-66. With 24 points on 9-for-19 shooting, Jahad Thomas was the games high scorer. Massachusetts-Lowell dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.217 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 12.4 (better than their season average of 15.4). LIU Brooklyn was 0.125 and 21.5, respectively, for those same stats.
It will be a showdown of contrasting tempos as the fast-paced River Hawks will look to push the more grind-it-out Greyhounds. Since last season, the River Hawks rank 31st in possessions per game while the Greyhounds are 264th.
The Greyhounds won the lone contest against the River Hawks last season, 69-60. Loyola Marylands rebounding was their largest strength. The Greyhounds had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. eight) and total rebounds (40 vs. 33).
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds vs. Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The River Hawks rank 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Greyhounds rank 248th (4.4).
- Loyola Maryland ranks 237th in rebounds per game (34.4) while Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 241st (34.3).
- Loyola Maryland ranks 52nd in steals per game (7.3) while Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 281st in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Greyhounds rank 18th in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while the River Hawks rank 238th (22.7).
- Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 32nd in assists per game (16.0) while Loyola Maryland ranks 251st (12.0).