The Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (4-4) will travel to Memorial Hall to challenge the Delaware State Hornets (1-8). The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds vs. Delaware State Hornets Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Hornets fell to the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers, 92-77, while the Greyhounds beat the Binghamton Bearcats, 77-65.
Loyola Maryland played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.268 (above their season average of 0.216) and a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 17.2). For those same stats, Binghamton was 0.042 and 14.0, respectively. Delaware State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 18.8). Delaware State rallied around John Crosby, who contributed 22 points, five rebounds and five assists. Andrew Kostecka, meanwhile had a good game for Loyola Maryland, putting up 17 points and seven rebounds.
The Greyhounds won the lone game between these two teams last season, 91-62. Loyola Maryland’s 0.515 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Delaware State, who had a mark of 0.323.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Delaware State. Dating back to last season, Delaware State ranks 237th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.6 percent), while the gambling defense of Loyola Maryland has forced the 67th-most turnovers in the nation (21.0 percent).
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds at Delaware State Hornets Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Loyola Maryland averages 8.5 steals per game, which ranks 22nd in the NCAA. Delaware State ranks 263rd in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Greyhounds rank 150th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while the Hornets rank 330th (41.9).
- Delaware State ranks 271st in blocks per game (2.0) while Loyola Maryland ranks 239th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Greyhounds rank 71st in assists per game (14.6) while the Hornets rank 312th in assists allowed per game (15.9).
- Delaware State ranks 60th in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while Loyola Maryland ranks 257th (19.9).