The Loyola Chicago Ramblers (19-9, 11-4 MVC) will be at JQH Arena to meet the Missouri State Bears (13-15, 7-8 MVC) in a MVC matchup. The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Missouri State Bears ATS Odds
In their last game, the Bears lost to the Bradley Braves, 83-79, while the Ramblers defeated the Illinois State Redbirds, 84-69.
Loyola Chicago played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 20.9) and a turnover percentage of 15.3 (better than their season average of 17.9). Illinois State had marks of 25.0 and 19.9, respectively, for those same stats. Missouri State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 17.4). Missouri State received a boost from Josh Hall, who contributed 17 points and nine rebounds. Tate Hall was a key piece for Loyola Chicago with 28 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Cameron Krutwig led the Ramblers to a 62-58 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 23 points. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Loyola Chicago’s largest advantages. They made 26 trips to the line, while Missouri State went just six times.
The offense of Missouri State will clash against the top-notch defense of Loyola Chicago. The Bears rank 191st in offensive efficiency, while the Ramblers are 47th in defensive efficiency. The Ramblers figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. Moreover, the Ramblers, who rank 338th in offensive rebounding percentage (21.3 percent), might struggle to get put-back points against the Bears, who rank 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.8 percent).
Loyola Chicago Ramblers at Missouri State Bears Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Over
- Missouri State ranks 101st in rebounds per game (36.9) while Loyola Chicago ranks 293rd (30.1).
- The Ramblers rank 43rd in steals per game (7.9) while the Bears rank 152nd (6.1).
- Missouri State ranks 218th in three pointers attempted per game (19.8) while Loyola Chicago ranks 292nd (16.1).
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (9.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (1.2 below their season average).
- The Ramblers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 7.1 for the season.