The Loyola Chicago Ramblers (12-7, 5-1 MVC) will be at JQH Arena to meet the Missouri State Bears (8-11, 2-4 MVC) in a MVC matchup. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers at Missouri State Bears ATS Odds
In their last game, the Bears lost to the Drake Bulldogs, 74-63, while the Ramblers defeated the Indiana State Sycamores, 75-67.
Loyola Chicago played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.628 (above their season average of 0.562) and a turnover percentage of 16.4 (better than their season average of 18.3). For those same stats, Indiana State was 0.533 and 17.8, respectively. Missouri State, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.212 vs. 0.117). Tulio Da Silva had a good outing for Missouri State, recording 12 points and eight rebounds. Loyola Chicago, meanwhile, was lifted by Cameron Krutwig, who had 16 points and 10 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last game, the Ramblers won 97-75. The Ramblers’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bears. Loyola Chicago had a rate of 30.8, while Missouri State posted a mark of 13.8. This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
The offense of Missouri State (157th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 106.1) will clash against the top-notch defense of Loyola Chicago (18th in the country with a defensive efficiency of 92.4). The Ramblers figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Loyola Chicago vs. Missouri State Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Missouri State, ATS Winner – Missouri State, O/U – Over
- Loyola Chicago ranks 45th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while Missouri State ranks 225th (25.1).
- The Bears rank 64th in blocks per game (3.9) while the Ramblers rank 120th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Missouri State ranks 50th in steals per game (7.7) while Loyola Chicago ranks 105th (6.6).
- The Ramblers rank 81st in assists per game (14.7) while the Bears rank 189th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 10th in rebounds allowed per game (29.8) while Missouri State ranks 86th (33.6).
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 66.8 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (4.4 below their season average).
- The Ramblers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 7.8 for the season.