The Bradley Braves (20-10, 11-6 MVC) welcome the Loyola Chicago Ramblers (20-10, 12-5 MVC) to Carver Arena as the regular season comes to an end. The game can be seen on CBS Sports Network at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers at Bradley Braves Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Braves edged the Illinois State Redbirds 74-71, while the Ramblers defeated the Drake Bulldogs 64-60.
Loyola Chicago dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.404 (above their season average of 0.248) and a turnover percentage of 15.4 (better than their season average of 18.1). For those same stats, Drake was 0.196 and 29.1, respectively. Meanwhile, Bradley’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Illinois State. The Braves had a rate of 9.5 (better than their season average of 15.5), while the Redbirds posted a mark of 21.8 (above their season average of 18.4). Darrell Brown fueled Bradley with 17 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Cameron Krutwig had a solid performance for Loyola Chicago, putting up 17 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Krutwig led the Ramblers to a 62-51 win. He scored a game-high 19 points. One of Loyola Chicago’s largest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 30 free throw attempts, while Bradley had just five.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Bradley currently ranks 282nd in possessions per game (67.2) and Loyola Chicago is 329th (65.5). Additionally, the upper-echelon offense of the Ramblers ranks 11th in effective field goal percentage (0.557), while the Braves are 42nd-best in the nation at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.460).
Loyola Chicago Ramblers at Bradley Braves Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Bradley, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Under
- Bradley ranks 40th in rebounds per game (38.9) while Loyola Chicago ranks 285th (29.8).
- The Braves rank 72nd in blocks per game (3.8) while the Ramblers rank 112th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 61st in assists per game (14.4) while Bradley ranks 86th in assists allowed per game (11.7).
- The Ramblers rank 41st in steals per game (7.9) while the Braves rank 229th (4.8).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 192nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.6) while Bradley ranks 267th (25.1).
- The Ramblers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, down from 6.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Braves have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (7.5 above their season average).