It will be a battle between two stifling defenses when the Pittsburgh Panthers (11-5, 2-3 ACC) challenge the 11th-ranked Louisville Cardinals (13-3, 4-1 ACC) at Petersen Events Center. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 14, 2020, and will air on ACC Network.
Louisville Cardinals at Pittsburgh Panthers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Panthers lost to the Miami (FL) Hurricanes, 66-58, while the Cardinals won a close one over the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 67-64.
Louisville played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.097 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 13.2 (better than their season average of 15.6). For those same stats, Notre Dame was 0.030 and 14.0, respectively. Pittsburgh, meanwhile, forced Miami (FL) into a turnover percentage of 22.4 (above their season average of 13.8). Trey McGowens led the way for Pittsburgh, contributing 18 points and seven assists. Dwayne Sutton was a key piece for Louisville with 10 points and 14 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Malik Williams led the Cardinals to a 64-46 win. He notched a double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Louisville’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Pittsburgh. The Cardinals had a rate of 0.143, while the Panthers posted a mark of 0.057.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams battle. Pittsburgh ranks 336th in possessions per game (65.1) and Louisville is 297th (67.0). Furthermore, the 10th-ranked defense of the Cardinals (opponents’ effective field goal percentage of 0.427) will square off against the 317th-ranked offense of the Panthers (effective field goal percentage of 0.462).
Louisville vs. Pittsburgh Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Louisville, ATS Winner – Louisville, O/U – Over
- Louisville ranks 29th in rebounds per game (40.2) while Pittsburgh ranks 163rd (35.1).
- The Cardinals rank 29th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Panthers rank 101st (3.6).
- Pittsburgh ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Louisville ranks 41st (5.6).
- The Cardinals rank 36th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while the Panthers rank 120th (12.5).
- Louisville ranks 174th in three pointers attempted per game (21.0) while Pittsburgh ranks 256th (17.8).
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (5.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (3.6 above their season average).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 5.2 for the season.