The 11th-ranked Louisville Cardinals (23-5, 14-3 ACC) and their great offense head to Florida State to take on the eighth-ranked Seminoles (23-4, 13-3 ACC) and their superb defense. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020, and will air on ESPN.
Louisville Cardinals vs. Florida State Seminoles Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Seminoles defeated the North Carolina State Wolfpack 67-61, while the Cardinals beat the North Carolina Tar Heels 72-55.
Louisville played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 32.4) and a turnover percentage of 15.6 (worse than their season average of 15.4). For those same stats, North Carolina recorded marks of 27.3 and 23.1, respectively. The Seminoles, meanwhile, had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.219) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 33.7). Florida State’s Malik Osborne played well, recording nine points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Louisville was led by Jordan Nwora, who had 18 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, M.J. Walker led the Seminoles to a 78-65 victory. He produced 23 points. Florida State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.647 vs. 0.452). Louisville, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.145 vs. 0.052).
This matchup pits one of the nation’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Florida State ranks 53rd in offensive efficiency and Louisville ranks 58th in defensive efficiency. Also, the Cardinals, who rank 46th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.7 percent), will attempt to take advantage of the Seminoles, who rank 306th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.1 percent).
Louisville at Florida State ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Under
- Florida State ranks 14th in steals per game (9.0) while Louisville ranks 209th (5.2).
- The Seminoles rank 150th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5) while the Cardinals rank 242nd (23.8).
- Florida State ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while Louisville ranks 32nd (10.6).
- The Seminoles rank 10th in blocks per game (5.6) while the Cardinals rank 161st (2.8).
- Louisville ranks 35th in rebounds per game (39.2) while Florida State ranks 160th (35.3).
- The Cardinals’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, down from 11.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Seminoles have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (5.8 above their season average).