It will be a meeting between two superb defenses when the Clemson Tigers (12-12, 6-8 ACC) meet the fifth-ranked Louisville Cardinals (21-4, 12-2 ACC) at Littlejohn Coliseum. The game can be seen on ACC Network at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Louisville Cardinals at Clemson Tigers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Tigers easily got past the Pittsburgh Panthers, 72-52, while the Cardinals were beaten by the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 64-58.
The Tigers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.489, had a ridiculous mark of 0.648 and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.0 (above their season average of 23.8). Louisville, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 32.4). Clemson was lifted by Tevin Mack, who had 16 points and nine rebounds. Malik Williams, meanwhile led the way for Louisville, finishing with 16 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Darius Perry led the Cardinals to an 80-62 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 19 points. Converting at the free throw line was one of Louisville’s largest strengths. They were 18-22 (81.8 percent), while the Tigers were 9-12 (75.0 percent).
Clemson might have trouble scoring as they square off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Louisville ranks 55th in defensive efficiency while the Tigers rank 260th in offensive efficiency. Also, the Cardinals, who rank 54th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.6 percent), will square off against the Tigers, who rank 41st in defensive rebounding percentage (75.8 percent).
Louisville Cardinals at Clemson Tigers ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Louisville, ATS Winner – Louisville, O/U – Under
- Clemson averages 26.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 38th in the nation. Louisville ranks 227th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- The Cardinals rank 33rd in assists allowed per game (10.6) while the Tigers rank 82nd (11.7).
- The Cardinals rank 36th in rebounds per game (39.0) while the Tigers rank 193rd (34.3).
- Clemson ranks 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Louisville ranks 88th (3.1).
- The Cardinals’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.6, down from 11.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 57.6 points per game (8.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 58.0 points per game (5.6 below their season average).