The Virginia Tech Hokies (20-8, 9-6 ACC) welcome the Louisville Cardinals (18-10, 8-7 ACC) in a matchup that pits phenomenal offense against stifling defense. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Louisville Cardinals vs. Virginia Tech Hokies ATS Preview
In the Cardinals last matchup, they lost big to the No. 5 Duke Blue Devils, 82-56. With 17 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Ray Spalding was Louisville’s high scorer. Duke did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (15-16; 93.8 percent). Louisville, on the other hand, forced the Blue Devils into a turnover percentage of 18.3 (above their season average of 14.4).
The Hokies hope to keep it rolling after beating the No. 15 Clemson Tigers in their last game, 65-58. With 14 points on 4-for-12 shooting, Kerry Blackshear Jr. was Virginia Tech’s high scorer. The Hokies had a solid free throw rate of 0.276 (above their season average of 0.266) and had a turnover percentage of 6.8 (better than their season average of 15.6).
This showdown pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Virginia Tech ranks 24th in offensive efficiency and Louisville ranks 54th in defensive efficiency.
These teams have already met once this season. The Cardinals won 94-86. The Cardinals played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 35.5 and a turnover percentage of 18.5. The Hokies were 30.3 and 21.2, respectively, for those same stats. Deng Adel recorded a double-double with 27 points and 11 rebounds.
Louisville Cardinals at Virginia Tech Hokies ATS Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Virginia Tech, ATS Winner – Virginia Tech, O/U – Under
- The Cardinals rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (11.1) while the Hokies rank 148th (13.5).
- Virginia Tech ranks 133rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.4) while Louisville ranks 256th (37.9).
- Louisville ranks third in blocks per game (6.5) while Virginia Tech ranks 201st (2.4).
- The Cardinals rank 127th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5) while the Hokies rank 263rd (25.5).
- Louisville ranks 36th in steals per game (7.6) while Virginia Tech ranks 164th (5.8).
- The Hokies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 9.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.4 points per game (3.1 above their season average).