It will be a meeting between two sensational offenses when the 12th-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels (12-3, 2-0 ACC) clash with the Louisville Cardinals (10-5, 1-1 ACC) at Dean E. Smith Center. The game starts at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019, and will air on ESPN.
Louisville Cardinals vs. North Carolina Tar Heels ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Tar Heels were victorious over the 15th-ranked North Carolina State Wolfpack, 90-82, while the Cardinals lost a tough one against the Pittsburgh Panthers, 89-86.
North Carolina played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.344 (above their season average of 0.244) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 36.1). For those same stats, North Carolina State was 0.164 and 21.3, respectively. Louisville, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 30.1). Cameron Johnson put together a solid outing for North Carolina with 15 points, 11 rebounds and five assists. Dwayne Sutton played well for Louisville, contributing 12 points and 11 rebounds.
The Tar Heels won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 93-76. North Carolina won the rebounding battle. The Tar Heels had more offensive rebounds (17 vs. 11), defensive rebounds (27 vs. 21) and total rebounds (44 vs. 32). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This battle figures to be a high-scoring affair as two of the NCAA’s top offenses face off. North Carolina ranks 39th with 114.3 points per 100 possessions and Louisville is 47th (113.6).
Louisville Cardinals vs. North Carolina Tar Heels Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – North Carolina, ATS Winner – North Carolina, O/U – Under
- Louisville ranks 83rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.0) while North Carolina ranks 227th (26.1).
- The Tar Heels rank first in rebounds per game (45.2) while the Cardinals rank 71st (38.1).
- Louisville ranks 79th in blocks per game (3.5) while North Carolina ranks 146th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- The Tar Heels rank third in assists per game (19.7) while the Cardinals rank 135th (13.3).
- Louisville ranks 43rd in steals allowed per game (5.5) while North Carolina ranks 151st (7.5).
- The Tar Heels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.4, down from 17.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (2.1 above their season average).