The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (11-4, 2-1 CUSA) and their outstanding offense head to UTEP to play the Miners (10-6, 1-2 CUSA) and their tremendous defense. The game begins at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at UTEP Miners ATS Odds
In their last game, the Miners beat the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, 76-64, while the Bulldogs were beaten by the UTSA Roadrunners, 89-73.
UTEP played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.723 (above their season average of 0.261) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.8 (below their season average of 25.9). For those same stats, Southern Miss was 0.233 and 20.5, respectively. Louisiana Tech, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.278 (above their season average of 0.183). Bryson Williams had a solid outing for UTEP with 20 points and nine rebounds. Derric Jean, meanwhile had a good outing for Louisiana Tech, recording 11 points and seven rebounds.
The Bulldogs won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 71-57. Louisiana Tech’s 0.235 free throw rate was their largest advantage over UTEP, who had a rate of 0.109. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Points could be at a premium as two of the country’s top defenses clash. UTEP currently ranks 53rd in defensive efficiency (91.2) and Louisiana Tech is 24th (87.9).
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at UTEP Miners ATS Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Louisiana Tech, ATS Winner – Louisiana Tech, O/U – Under
- Louisiana Tech ranks 48th in assists per game (15.3) while UTEP ranks 173rd (12.4).
- The Bulldogs rank 57th in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while the Miners rank 69th in three pointers allowed per game (19.9).
- UTEP is 38th in the country with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while Louisiana Tech is 40th with 2.7 blocks allowed per game.
- The Bulldogs rank 14th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Miners rank 122nd (6.8).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 60th in rebounds per game (38.7) while UTEP ranks 97th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9).
- During their last five games, the Miners have scored an average of 67.4 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (3.5 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.4, up from 16.3 for the season.