Expect a defensive battle when the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (19-7, 10-4 CUSA) take on the North Texas Mean Green (18-9, 12-2 CUSA) at The Super Pit. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at North Texas Mean Green ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Mean Green defeated the Old Dominion Monarchs 64-47, while the Bulldogs beat the Florida Atlantic Owls 81-68.
The Bulldogs had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 15.7) and held the Owls to an effective field goal percentage of 0.395 (below their season average of 0.492). Meanwhile, North Texas’ free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Old Dominion. The Mean Green had a rate of 0.436 (above their season average of 0.223), while the Monarchs posted a mark of 0.120 (below their season average of 0.195). North Texas received a boost from Javion Hamlet, who finished with 27 points. Kalob Ledoux, meanwhile played a key role for Louisiana Tech with 24 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Zachary Simmons led the Mean Green to a 51-50 victory. He put up 12 points. North Texas did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (10-11; 90.9 percent). Louisiana Tech, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.3 vs. 20.0).
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the productive offense of North Texas (25th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 111.1) takes on the stingy defense of Louisiana Tech (22nd in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 91.7).
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs vs. North Texas Mean Green Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – North Texas, ATS Winner – North Texas, O/U – Under
- Louisiana Tech ranks 87th in rebounds per game (37.3) while North Texas ranks 286th (31.0).
- The Mean Green allow the 16th-fewest assists per game (10.0) while the Bulldogs rank 50th (11.0).
- The Bulldogs rank 16th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Mean Green rank 161st (6.9).
- North Texas ranks 42nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while Louisiana Tech ranks 158th (22.0).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (6.6 above their season average).
- The Mean Green’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 8.6 for the season.