The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (10-15, 5-9 SBC) will be at the Mitchell Center to take on the South Alabama Jaguars (14-11, 7-7 SBC) in a SBC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns at South Alabama Jaguars Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Jaguars defeated the Troy Trojans, 70-66, while the Ragin’ Cajuns were beaten by the Georgia Southern Eagles, 86-79.
South Alabama played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.186 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2 (below their season average of 27.0). Troy had marks of 0.083 and 19.4, respectively, for those same stats. Louisiana, meanwhile, held Georgia Southern to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.5 (below their season average of 27.6). Josh Ajayi played a pivotal role for South Alabama with 20 points and 10 rebounds. Cedric Russell, meanwhile played well for Louisiana, putting up 23 points.
In their first matchup this season, Ajayi led the Jaguars to a 60-57 win. He registered a double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds. South Alabama did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (15-17; 88.2 percent). Louisiana, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.8 vs. 25.8).
South Alabama appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Jaguars currently rank 91st in offensive efficiency, while Louisiana ranks 281st in defensive efficiency.
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns vs. South Alabama Jaguars Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – South Alabama, ATS Winner – South Alabama, O/U – Under
- Louisiana ranks 95th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while South Alabama ranks 280th (16.5).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Jaguars rank 140th (3.8).
- South Alabama ranks 231st in assists per game (11.1) while Louisiana ranks 244th (10.7).
- The Jaguars rank 31st in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Ragin’ Cajuns rank 162nd (7.0).
- Louisiana ranks 136th in rebounds per game (35.8) while South Alabama ranks 247th (32.9).
- During their last five games, the Jaguars have scored an average of 72.8 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (3.4 above their season average).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have outscored opponents by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Louisiana has lost by an average of 3.5 points.