The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (11-16, 6-10 SBC) will be at Fant-Ewing Coliseum to meet the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (8-18, 4-13 SBC) in a SBC matchup. Action gets underway at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns at Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks ATS Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Warhawks defeated the Arkansas State Red Wolves 66-52, while the Ragin’ Cajuns beat the Troy Trojans 81-77.
Louisiana played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.566 (above their season average of 0.253) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.481 (above their season average of 0.475). Troy had marks of 0.191 and 0.471, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Louisiana-Monroe’s 0.556 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Arkansas State, who had a mark of 0.389. The Warhawks’ mark was above their season average of 0.480, while the Red Wolves’ was below their season average of 0.497. Tyree White fueled Louisiana-Monroe with 18 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Louisiana received a boost from Jalen Johnson, who put up 20 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Johnson led the Ragin’ Cajuns to an 81-60 win. He scored a game-high 27 points. Louisiana did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (26-32; 81.3 percent). Louisiana-Monroe, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.2 vs. 22.6).
Contrasting paces will be on display in this contest. Louisiana has preferred to play fast (77th in possessions per game), while Louisiana-Monroe has been more half-court-oriented (325th in possessions per game).
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns at Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Louisiana-Monroe, ATS Winner – Louisiana-Monroe, O/U – Over
- Louisiana ranks 90th in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 258th (18.2).
- The Warhawks rank 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Ragin’ Cajuns rank 48th (2.8).
- Louisiana-Monroe ranks 238th in assists per game (11.3) while Louisiana ranks 251st (10.9).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 132nd in rebounds per game (35.9) while the Warhawks rank 252nd (33.0).
- Louisiana ranks 160th in steals per game (5.9) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 243rd (4.5).
- During their last five games, the Warhawks have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.4 points per game (3.5 below their season average).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 3.2 for the season.