The Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (7-17, 3-12 SBC) will be at the Mitchell Center to clash against the South Alabama Jaguars (15-11, 8-7 SBC) in a SBC matchup. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks at South Alabama Jaguars Betting Odds
Both teams won a close one over their last opponent. The Jaguars defeated the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns 78-75, while the Warhawks beat the Troy Trojans 74-71.
Louisiana-Monroe’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Troy. The Warhawks had a rate of 0.559 (above their season average of 0.480), while the Trojans posted a mark of 0.462. The Jaguars, meanwhile, had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 26.8) and had a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 15.9). South Alabama was lifted by Trhae Mitchell, who finished with 20 points, nine rebounds and five assists. Michael Ertel, meanwhile had a solid performance for Louisiana-Monroe, recording 23 points.
In their first matchup this season, Ertel led the Warhawks to a 69-49 win. He scored a game-high 39 points. Louisiana-Monroe had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (41.4 vs. 25.0). South Alabama, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.234 vs. 0.000).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. South Alabama ranks 285th in possessions per game (67.2) and Louisiana-Monroe is 321st (65.9).
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks vs. South Alabama Jaguars Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – South Alabama, ATS Winner – South Alabama, O/U – Over
- South Alabama ranks 66th in steals per game (7.3) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 229th (4.5).
- The Jaguars rank 235th in rebounds per game (33.1) while the Warhawks rank 253rd (32.6).
- Louisiana-Monroe ranks 225th in assists per game (11.3) while South Alabama ranks 231st (11.1).
- The Warhawks rank 26th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Jaguars rank 152nd (3.9).
- Louisiana-Monroe ranks 150th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8) while South Alabama ranks 274th (25.7).
- During their last five games, the Warhawks have scored an average of 62.6 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (2.6 above their season average).
- The Jaguars’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 3.3 for the season.