The Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (6-12, 2-7 SBC) and the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (7-13, 2-7 SBC) battle at Cajun Dome. The Warhawks will attempt to put an end to their five-game losing streak. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks vs. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Ragin’ Cajuns lost to the Texas State Bobcats, 68-59, while the Warhawks lost big to the UT Arlington Mavericks, 78-58.
Louisiana-Monroe had a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 19.3) while Louisiana did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (13-13; 100.0 percent). Louisiana’s Jalen Johnson had a solid performance, putting up 18 points and seven rebounds. Tyree White was a key piece for Louisiana-Monroe with 18 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Ragin’ Cajuns won the most recent matchup 83-76. Louisiana’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Louisiana-Monroe. The Ragin’ Cajuns had a rate of 0.328, while the Warhawks posted a mark of 0.203. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It will be a matchup of conflicting tempos as the fast-paced Ragin’ Cajuns will look to push the more methodical Warhawks. The Ragin’ Cajuns currently rank 78th in possessions per game while the Warhawks are 328th.
Louisiana-Monroe vs. Louisiana Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Louisiana, ATS Winner – Louisiana, O/U – Over
- Louisiana ranks 115th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 265th (17.8).
- The Warhawks are 37th in the nation with 2.7 blocks allowed per game while the Ragin’ Cajuns are 57th with 2.9 blocks allowed per game.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 162nd in rebounds per game (35.5) while the Warhawks rank 263rd (32.3).
- Louisiana-Monroe ranks 211th in assists per game (11.4) while Louisiana ranks 233rd (10.7).
- During their last five games, the Ragin’ Cajuns have scored an average of 61.6 points per game (8.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (1.5 above their season average).
- The Warhawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 16.6, up from 3.4 for the season.