The Los Angeles Lakers (5-6) visit Washington to play the Wizards (5-5) in a game that will likely be up-tempo. Washington opened as a 10-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 220.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 9, 2017.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Washington Wizards Free Preview
The last time the Lakers played, they fell to the Boston Celtics, 107-96. Julius Randle had a good performance for Los Angeles, recording 16 points and 12 rebounds. Boston forced the Lakers into a turnover percentage of 18.1 (above their season average of 14.8). Los Angeles, meanwhile, held the Celtics to an effective field goal percentage of 0.423 (below their season average of 0.514).
The Wizards are hoping for a better outcome after their 113-99 loss to the Dallas Mavericks in their last contest. John Wall led Washington in scoring with 23 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Dallas held the Wizards to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.7 (below their season average of 25.1). Washington, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (25-32; 78.1 percent).
There should be plenty of transition offense in this battle that showcases two of the league’s more fast-breaking teams. Washington currently ranks fifth in possessions per game (103.2) and Los Angeles is second (106.1).
There does not appear to be a trend for either of these teams in terms of going over or under the projected point total. Both teams have middling straight up (SU) records (5-6 for Los Angeles; 5-5 for Washington), but the Lakers have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Los Angeles is 6-4 ATS, while the Wizards are 4-6.
Brandon Ingram has been solid recently for Los Angeles, averaging 16.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.2 steals over the last five games.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 201 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 229.5. The Lakers won 102-99, but were unable to cover as 5.5-point favorites. Los Angeles’ 0.484 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Washington, who had a mark of 0.442. Bradley Beal scored a game-high 28 points.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Washington Wizards Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Over
- The Lakers average 15.4 fast break points per game, which ranks second in the league. The Wizards rank 17th in fast break points allowed per game (12.3).
- Washington ranks 20th in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while Los Angeles ranks 26th (23.6).
- Los Angeles averages 5.7 blocks per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Washington ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- Los Angeles ranks 13th in assists per game (22.5) while Washington ranks 16th in assists allowed per game (23.0).
- Washington is 0-5 ATS at home, while Los Angeles is 2-1 ATS on the road.
- The Lakers have 2 overs and 1 under in 3 road games.
- Of the Wizards’ 5 home games, they have 4 overs and 1 under.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Washington is 2-0 and Los Angeles is 2-1.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Lakers are 5-2 and the Wizards are 5-3.
- The Lakers rank seventh in rebounds per game (46.3) while the Wizards rank 16th in rebounds allowed per game (44.2).
- Washington ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (19.9) while Los Angeles ranks 27th in points off turnovers allowed per game (21.3).
- The Lakers average 56.0 points in the paint per game, which ranks first in the NBA. The Wizards rank 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (48.6).
- The Wizards rank 10th in second chance points per game (13.4) while the Lakers rank 14th in second chance points allowed per game (12.5).
- Washington averages 8.4 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Los Angeles ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (9.3).
- Washington is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Wizards’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 1.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 110.0 points per game (4.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.4 points per game (1.9 below their season average).