The Portland Trail Blazers (4-4) will be at home in Moda Center at the Rose Quarter when they challenge the Los Angeles Lakers (3-4). Portland is an 8-point favorite on the opening line while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 210.5 points. Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 2, 2017.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Portland Trail Blazers Odds Preview
The Lakers dismantled the Detroit Pistons, 113-93, in their last contest. With 14 points and 12 rebounds, Los Angeles’ Larry Nance Jr. had a solid performance. Los Angeles played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.121 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.4 (above their season average of 19.9). For those same stats, Detroit was 0.011 and 19.2, respectively.
In the Trail Blazers’ last game, they were dismantled by the Utah Jazz, 112-103. Damian Lillard was the top scorer from either team with 33 points on 12-for-27 shooting. Utah did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (31-36; 86.1 percent). Portland, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (19.6 vs. 19.2).
Portland figures to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. Since the 2016-17 season, the Trail Blazers rank ninth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.508), while Los Angeles is 24th in effective field goal percentage (0.501).
Games featuring Los Angeles have gone under 71.4 percent of the time, while 62.5 percent of Portland’s games have finished under. The Trail Blazers have the better straight up (SU) record (4-4 vs. 3-4), but the Lakers have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (3-4 vs. 3-3-1).
The Trail Blazers won all four contests against the Lakers last season. In the most recent game, the Trail Blazers won 118-109. Portland had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.605 vs. 0.477). Los Angeles, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (27-33; 81.8 percent).
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Portland Trail Blazers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lakers rank third in points in the paint per game (48.4) while the Trail Blazers rank 22nd (41.9).
- Portland ranks eighth in rebounds per game (44.2) while Los Angeles ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (44.6).
- Los Angeles ranks fifth in fast break points per game (15.3) while Portland ranks 24th (10.7).
- Portland averages 12.9 second chance points per game, which ranks 14th in the league. Los Angeles ranks 18th in second chance points allowed per game (13.1).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Los Angeles is 13-5 and Portland is 19-6.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Lakers are 27-31 and the Trail Blazers are 41-32.
- The Trail Blazers rank eighth in blocks per game (5.1) while the Lakers rank 26th (4.0).
- Portland ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (20.5) while Los Angeles ranks last (25.4).
- The Lakers rank fourth in steals per game (8.2) while the Trail Blazers rank 27th (7.0).
- The Trail Blazers rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (25.3) while the Lakers rank 19th (27.6).
- Los Angeles ranks sixth in points off turnovers per game (17.3) while Portland ranks 27th (14.7).