The Phoenix Suns (6-3) and their great offense host the Los Angeles Lakers (7-2) and their stifling defense. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Los Angeles Lakers at Phoenix Suns ATS Odds
The Suns will look to maintain momentum after comfortably covering the 3-point spread against the Brooklyn Nets in their last outing, 138-112. The Lakers, meanwhile, were beat by the Toronto Raptors, 113-104, and were not able to cover as 10.5-point underdogs. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Phoenix game finished 19 points over the projected point total of 231, while the Los Angeles game finished 6.5 points over the projected point total of 210.5.
The Suns had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 6.1 (better than their season average of 14.1) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.621 (above their season average of 0.540). Los Angeles, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.5 (above their season average of 21.0). Ricky Rubio played a pivotal role for Phoenix with 22 points and 12 assists. LeBron James, meanwhile played a massive role in the victory for Los Angeles, registering 13 points, 15 assists and 13 rebounds on his way to his third triple-double this season.
The Lakers edged out the Suns in this series last year, emerging victorious in three out of four games. In the most recent game, Phoenix won 118-109. Phoenix was successful at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Suns made 34 of their 40 free throws (85.0 percent), while the Lakers were just 15-23 (65.2 percent).
Lakers games have a tendency to go under the total (55.6 percent). Los Angeles comes into the contest with records of 7-2 straight up (SU) and 6-3 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with Los Angeles, games featuring the Suns also tend to go under the O/U total (55.6 percent). Moreover, Phoenix owns records of 6-3 SU and 8-1 ATS.
This battle pits one of the NBA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Phoenix ranks fourth in offensive efficiency and Los Angeles is first in defensive efficiency since last season.
Lakers at Suns ATS Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Suns rank fifth in three pointers allowed per game (29.9) while the Lakers rank ninth (33.8).
- Los Angeles ranks first in blocks per game (5.6) while Phoenix ranks 22nd (5.0).
- The Lakers rank 14th in second chance points per game (12.9) while the Suns rank 26th (12.0).
- Los Angeles averages 55.3 points in the paint per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Phoenix ranks 14th in points allowed in the paint per game (52.5).
- Phoenix ranks first in assists per game (24.3) while Los Angeles ranks seventh (25.5).
- The Suns average 15.3 fast break points per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Lakers rank 26th in fast break points allowed per game (16.2).
- The Suns rank 12th in steals per game (8.9) while the Lakers rank 20th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Phoenix ranks first in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while Los Angeles ranks 13th (16.9).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Phoenix is 6-2 and Los Angeles is 11-0.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Suns are 24-43 and the Lakers are 41-37.