The Milwaukee Bucks (5-6) will be at home in BMO Harris Bradley Center when they meet the Los Angeles Lakers (5-7). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 214 points with Milwaukee opening as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Milwaukee Bucks ATS Preview
In the Lakers’ last contest, they lost to the Washington Wizards, 111-95. Los Angeles’ Lonzo Ball put together a solid performance, finishing with 10 points, eight rebounds and eight assists. Washington held the Lakers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.378 (below their season average of 0.509). Los Angeles, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (30-41; 73.2 percent).
The Bucks hope to keep it rolling after beating the San Antonio Spurs in their last outing, 94-87. With 28 points on 12-for-24 shooting, Giannis Antetokounmpo was the top scorer from either team. Milwaukee dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 13.9) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.4 (above their season average of 15.6). San Antonio recorded marks of 17.5 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be a difficult game for Milwaukee on the offensive glass. The Bucks rank 30th in offensive rebounding percentage (16.5 percent), while Los Angeles ranks ninth in defensive rebounding percentage (78.7 percent). Opposite styles will be on display in this meeting. The fast-breaking Lakers rank second in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Bucks rank 27th.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games including Los Angeles have finished under 58.3 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of Milwaukee games have gone over. Both teams have mediocre straight up (SU) records (5-7 for Los Angeles; 5-6 for Milwaukee), but the Lakers have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Los Angeles is 6-6 ATS, while the Bucks are 3-5-2.
Jordan Clarkson has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Los Angeles, averaging 15.2 points, 4.0 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Bucks won 107-103. Getting to the free throw line was one of Milwaukee’s biggest strengths. They had 30 free throw attempts, while Los Angeles had 26.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Milwaukee Bucks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.0) while the Lakers rank 26th (21.8).
- Milwaukee ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while Los Angeles ranks 11th (5.0).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in assists per game (25.1) while Los Angeles ranks 15th (22.0).
- Milwaukee ranks 18th in steals per game (7.3) while Los Angeles ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (9.1).
- Milwaukee is 1-3-1 ATS at home, while Los Angeles is 2-3 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 3 of the Lakers’ 5 road games, while 3 of the Bucks’ 5 home games have gone under.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Los Angeles and Milwaukee are both 2-1.
- The Lakers are 5-2 when they score more than 100 points, while the Bucks are 4-2.
- The Lakers rank 19th in second chance points per game (11.4) while the Bucks rank 29th (7.2).
- Los Angeles ranks seventh in rebounds per game (46.3) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (38.4).
- The Bucks rank seventh in points allowed in the paint per game (40.7) while the Lakers rank 26th (50.2).
- The Bucks rank 20th in three pointers attempted per game (26.5) while the Lakers rank 27th (23.6).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (6.0) while Los Angeles ranks 20th (11.3).
- Milwaukee is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bucks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 2.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 106.4 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 109.0 points per game (1.4 above their season average).