Expect a low-scoring game when the Los Angeles Lakers (24-3) take on the Indiana Pacers (18-9) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 17, 2019, and will air on NBATV.
Los Angeles Lakers at Indiana Pacers ATS Odds
The last time the Pacers played, they had no trouble getting past the Charlotte Hornets, 107-85, comfortably covering as 11.5-point favorites. The Lakers, meanwhile, defeated the Atlanta Hawks, 101-96, but failed to cover as 12-point favorites. The Indiana game went 17.5 points under the projected point total of 209.5, while the Los Angeles game finished 33 points under the projected point total of 230.
Los Angeles dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 27.7 (above their season average of 23.6) and a free throw rate of 0.286 (above their season average of 0.185). Atlanta recorded marks of 15.7 and 0.256, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Indiana’s 0.511 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Charlotte, who had a mark of 0.335. The Pacers’ mark was below their season average of 0.524, while the Hornets’ was below their season average of 0.516. Myles Turner played well for Indiana with 14 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks. LeBron James had a good outing for Los Angeles, recording 32 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists.
This series was highly contested last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last game, the Pacers won 136-94. Indiana’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Pacers had 10 offensive rebounds and 40 total rebounds, while the Lakers had three and 34, respectively. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Lakers matchups have a tendency to go under the total (55.6 percent). Los Angeles heads into the contest with records of 24-3 straight up (SU) and 16-11 against the spread (ATS).
Similarly to Los Angeles, Pacers games also have typically finished under the total (59.3 percent). Additionally, Indiana is 18-9 SU and 14-11-2 ATS.
Baskets could be hard to come by in this battle between a pair of the NBA’s premier defenses. Indiana currently ranks fifth in defensive efficiency (102.1) and Los Angeles is second (100.9).
Lakers vs. Pacers Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank fifth in assists allowed per game (22.3) while the Lakers rank eighth (23.0).
- Indiana ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (11.3) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (15.8).
- The Lakers rank second in points in the paint per game (53.2) while the Pacers rank 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.5).
- Los Angeles ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.5) while Indiana ranks 15th (4.8).
- Los Angeles ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (41.4) while Indiana ranks eighth (44.3).
- The Lakers rank second in steals per game (8.9) while the Pacers rank 22nd (7.0).
- The Pacers rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (31.5) while the Lakers rank 14th (33.4).
- Indiana averages 17.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 12th in the league. Los Angeles ranks 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.0).
- Los Angeles ranks fourth in second chance points per game (14.9) while Indiana ranks 23rd (12.1).
- When allowing under 100 points, Indiana is 5-1 and Los Angeles is 10-0.
- The Pacers are 18-5 when they reach the century mark, while the Lakers are 20-3.
- Los Angeles is 8-7 ATS on the road, while Indiana is 7-5-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 8 of the Lakers’ 15 road games, while 8 of the Pacers’ 14 home games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Los Angeles and Indiana are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Lakers have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Pacers have 4 unders and 1 over
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 117.6 points per game (4.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.2 points per game (2.3 above their season average).
- The Pacers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 5.0 for the season.