The Los Angeles Lakers (44-12) and the Golden State Warriors (12-46) battle at Chase Center. The Lakers are 13.5-point favorites and have won six consecutive games, while the Warriors have lost their last seven games. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 225.5 points and it can be seen on TNT at 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Odds
In the Lakers’ last game, they covered the 7-point spread against the New Orleans Pelicans, 118-109. The Warriors, meanwhile, were dismantled by the Sacramento Kings, 112-94, and were not able to cover as 8.5-point underdogs. The Los Angeles game finished 12 points under the projected point total of 239, while the Golden State game went 17.5 points under the projected point total of 223.5.
Los Angeles played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.4 (above their season average of 25.0) and a turnover percentage of 12.6 (better than their season average of 12.9). New Orleans had marks of 14.0 and 16.8, respectively, for those same stats. Golden State, meanwhile, held Sacramento to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.5 (below their season average of 21.8). Marquese Chriss played a pivotal role for Golden State with 21 points and 10 rebounds. Anthony Davis had a solid performance for Los Angeles, finishing with 21 points, 14 rebounds and six blocks.
In their two contests this year, the Lakers have won both. The two teams combined to put up 245 points in their most recent game, which was well over the projected point total of 224.5. Los Angeles won 125-120 but was unable to cover as a 14-point favorite. Getting to the free throw line was one of Los Angeles’ biggest advantages. They had 34 free throw attempts, while Golden State had 23. Davis recorded a double-double with 27 points and 10 rebounds.
Games including the Lakers have no tendency in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Los Angeles comes into the contest with records of 44-12 straight up (SU) and 30-25-1 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Warriors have typically gone under the total (55.2 percent). Additionally, Golden State owns records of 12-46 SU and 26-31-1 ATS.
The ineffective offense of Golden State (30th in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 102.9) will square off against the elite defense of Los Angeles (third in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 104.3). The Lakers figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. Furthermore, the Lakers are among the NBA’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking second in offensive rebounding percentage (25.1 percent). The Warriors, meanwhile, rank 22nd at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.2 percent.
Lakers at Warriors ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Under
- The Lakers rank eighth in three pointers allowed per game (32.6) while the Warriors rank 25th (35.2).
- Los Angeles ranks second in points in the paint per game (53.7) while Golden State ranks 28th (43.3).
- The Lakers rank second in fast break points per game (19.0) while the Warriors rank 25th in fast break points allowed per game (14.7).
- Los Angeles ranks sixth in assists per game (26.2) while Golden State ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (26.2).
- Los Angeles averages 8.6 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Golden State ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- The Lakers rank first in rebounds allowed per game (41.8) while the Warriors rank 27th (46.9).
- The Lakers average 18.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Warriors rank 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.9).
- Los Angeles ranks first in blocks per game (7.0) while Golden State ranks 17th (4.7).
- Los Angeles ranks second in second chance points per game (14.9) while Golden State ranks 26th (12.1).
- Los Angeles is 15-0 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Golden State is 5-2.
- The Lakers are 40-11 when they reach the century mark, while the Warriors are 12-30.
- Los Angeles is 15-13 ATS on the road, while Golden State is 11-17-1 ATS at home.
- In 28 road games, the Lakers have 16 overs and 12 unders.
- The Warriors have 17 unders and 12 overs in 29 home games.
- The Lakers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Warriors are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Los Angeles has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Golden State has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Lakers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 7.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 101.4 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 117.4 points per game (2.3 above their season average).