The Los Angeles Lakers (31-36) will try to slow down the Golden State Warriors (51-16) at ORACLE Arena. The game starts at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, and will air on ESPN.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Odds
In their last game, the Warriors lost to the Minnesota Timberwolves, 109-103, while the Lakers beat the Denver Nuggets, 112-103.
Los Angeles played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.5 (below their season average of 24.2) and a turnover percentage of 12.9 (better than their season average of 13.4). Denver was 11.1 and 16.8, respectively, for those same stats. Golden State, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (19-21; 90.5 percent). Golden State received a boost from Kevin Durant, who finished with 39 points and 12 rebounds. Kyle Kuzma, meanwhile had a good game for Los Angeles, contributing 26 points and 13 rebounds.
There could be plenty of transition offense in this matchup that showcases two of the NBA’s more up-and-down teams. Golden State ranks fifth in possessions per game (101.3) and Los Angeles is first (103.8).
Games including the Lakers have typically gone over the total (56.1 percent). Los Angeles heads into the game with records of 31-36 straight up (SU) and 36-30 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Warriors’ 67 games, 34 have finished over the O/U total. Golden State has a superb 51-16 SU record, but they struggle covering the spread (27-37-3 ATS).
Julius Randle has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Los Angeles, averaging 22.4 points, 9.2 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game.
The Warriors have won all three contests against the Lakers this year. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 219 points, just over the projected point total of 215.5. Golden State won 113-106 but was unable to cover as a 12-point favorite. Golden State made good use of their 27 trips to the free throw line, making 22 of them (81.5 percent). Los Angeles, on the other hand, was just 15-22 (68.2 percent). In the victory, Durant led all scorers with 33 points.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Golden State Warriors Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The Lakers rank second in rebounds per game (46.5) while the Warriors rank 13th (43.9).
- Los Angeles ranks second in second chance points per game (14.7) while Golden State ranks last (10.3).
- The Lakers average 52.8 points in the paint per game, which ranks first in the league. The Warriors rank 23rd in points allowed in the paint per game (47.2).
- Los Angeles averages 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Golden State ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- Golden State averages 30.2 assists per game, which ranks first in the league. Los Angeles ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (23.5).
- The Warriors rank first in blocks allowed per game (3.5) while the Lakers rank 26th (5.6).
- The Warriors average 17.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The Lakers rank 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.6).
- Golden State ranks 12th in three pointers attempted per game (29.8) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (30.2).
- Los Angeles ranks second in fast break points per game (17.3) while Golden State ranks 26th in fast break points allowed per game (13.9).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Golden State is 13-2 and Los Angeles is 11-3.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Lakers are 28-23 and the Warriors are 48-12.
- Los Angeles is 18-16 ATS on the road, while Golden State is 13-18-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 17 of the Warriors’ 33 home games, while 20 of the Lakers’ 34 road games have gone over.
- The Lakers are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Warriors are 0-5.
- In their last five games, Los Angeles has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Golden State has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 113.2 points per game (4.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.2 points per game (1.1 above their season average).
- The Warriors have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Golden State has defeated opponents by an average of 7.9 points.