Pacific Division foes will collide when the Sacramento Kings (4-13) challenge the Los Angeles Lakers (8-10) at Golden 1 Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 209 points with Los Angeles set as a 1-point favorite. Action starts at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Los Angeles Lakers at Sacramento Kings Odds Preview
The Lakers beat the Chicago Bulls in their last game, 103-94. With 21 points and eight rebounds, Los Angeles Kentavious Caldwell-Pope played well. Los Angeles dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.200 (above their season average of 0.191) and a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 14.6). For those same stats, Chicago was 0.117 and 12.2, respectively.
In the Kings last matchup, they were defeated by the Denver Nuggets, 114-98. George Hill led Sacramento in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Denver won the rebounding battle. The Nuggets had 14 offensive rebounds and 49 total rebounds, while the Kings had five and 34, respectively.
The inefficient offense of Sacramento (30th in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 95.7) will square off against the top-notch defense of Los Angeles (fourth in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 101.2). The Lakers figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. It will also be a battle of contrasting paces as the fast-paced Lakers rank second in possessions per game, while the more methodical Kings rank 27th.
Of Los Angeles 17 games that accepted bets, nine have finished under the O/U total, while 9 of Sacramentos 17 games have finished under the projected point total. The Lakers come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-10 SU and 8-9 ATS, while the Kings are 4-13 SU and 5-10-2 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Lakers, its been Kyle Kuzma, who has averaged 20.6 points and 7.4 rebounds, while the Kings have received great contributions from Hill (11.6 points and 1.2 steals).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after splitting four games last season. In the most recent matchup, the Lakers won 98-94. The Lakers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.6 and a free throw rate of 0.209. The Kings were 22.2 and 0.133, respectively, for those same stats.
Los Angeles Lakers at Sacramento Kings Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Under
- The Kings rank third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.4) while the Lakers rank 24th (19.6).
- Sacramento ranks ninth in steals per game (8.3) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- Los Angeles ranks 12th in assists per game (22.5) while Sacramento ranks 29th (19.5).
- Los Angeles ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (30.0) while Sacramento ranks 27th (31.9).
- Sacramento is 4-3 ATS at home, while Los Angeles is 3-4 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 5 of the Lakers 7 road games, while 4 of the Kings 7 home games have gone under.
- Sacramento is 3-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Los Angeles is 4-2.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Lakers are 8-4 and the Kings are 1-3.
- The Lakers average 12.7 second chance points per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Kings rank 27th in second chance points allowed per game (14.1).
- Los Angeles ranks second in rebounds per game (47.8) while Sacramento ranks 28th (39.2).
- The Lakers rank first in points in the paint per game (55.6) while the Kings rank 23rd (39.6).
- The Lakers rank third in fast break points per game (15.0) while the Kings rank 16th (9.0).
- Los Angeles ranks third in blocks per game (6.1) while Sacramento ranks 24th (3.8).
- Sacramento is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Kings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.6, up from 12.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 110.4 points per game (5.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.6 points per game (0.2 below their season average).