Expect a defensive struggle when the Los Angeles Lakers (21-3), 6.5-point favorites, take on the Orlando Magic (11-12) at Amway Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 212.5 points and action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Orlando Magic Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Lakers (9.5-point favorites) covered in a 142-125 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Magic fell to the Milwaukee Bucks, 110-101, but did cover as 13-point underdogs. The Los Angeles game finished 40 points over the projected point total of 227, while the Orlando game finished 6.5 points under the projected point total of 217.5.
Los Angeles played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 12.9) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8 (above their season average of 22.9). Minnesota was 13.5 and 18.4, respectively, for those same stats. Orlando, meanwhile, did a great job of getting and making free throws (21-26; 80.8 percent). Evan Fournier led the way for Orlando, finishing with 26 points. Los Angeles received a boost from Anthony Davis, who contributed 50 points, seven rebounds and six assists.
The Magic dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent game, Orlando won 108-104. The Magic’s 19.6 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Lakers, who had a rate of 12.2. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Lakers games, with 13 unders compared to 11 overs. Los Angeles heads into the contest with records of 21-3 straight up (SU) and 15-9 against the spread (ATS).
Magic games also have a slight tendency to finish under the O/U total (52.2 percent). Further, Orlando owns records of 11-12 SU and 10-11-2 ATS.
The ineffective offense of Orlando (26th in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 102.9) will clash against the stingy defense of Los Angeles (fifth in the league with a defensive efficiency of 101.5). The Lakers figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. Additionally, the Lakers rank 22nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.189), while the Magic rank third in opponents’ FTA rate (0.166).
Los Angeles Lakers at Orlando Magic Free Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Under
- The Magic rank 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (30.6) while the Lakers rank 25th (30.0).
- Los Angeles ranks first in points in the paint per game (53.8) while Orlando ranks 25th (43.1).
- The Lakers rank second in second chance points per game (15.2) while the Magic rank 17th (12.7).
- Orlando ranks 10th in steals per game (8.2) while Los Angeles ranks 18th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Los Angeles ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (41.8) while Orlando ranks eighth (44.9).
- The Lakers rank fourth in assists per game (26.7) while the Magic rank 24th (22.4).
- The Lakers lead the league with 3.5 blocks allowed per game while the Magic are fifth with 4.3 blocks allowed per game.
- Orlando ranks ninth in fast break points allowed per game (12.3) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (15.8).
- Los Angeles is 8-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Orlando is 6-2.
- The Lakers are 18-3 when they score above 100 points, while the Magic are 8-4.
- Los Angeles is 7-5 ATS on the road, while Orlando is 4-6-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Lakers’ 12 road games, while 6 of the Magic’s 12 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Los Angeles and Orlando are both 4-1 ATS.
- The Lakers have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Magic have 3 unders and 2 overs
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 120.8 points per game (6.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 108.8 points per game (4.2 above their season average).
- The Magic have outscored opponents by an average of 4.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Orlando has scored an equal number of points as their opponents.