The Los Angeles Lakers (5-1) travel to United Center to take on the Chicago Bulls (2-5). The Lakers are a 6.5-point favorite and will try to lengthen their five-game winning streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 212 points and it will air on NBATV at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Chicago Bulls ATS Odds
The last time the Lakers played, they covered the 1-point spread against the San Antonio Spurs, 103-96. The Bulls, on the other hand, were topped by the Indiana Pacers, 108-95, and were not able to cover as 2-point underdogs. The Los Angeles game went 18 points under the projected point total of 217, while the Chicago game went 14 points under the projected point total of 217.
Los Angeles’ 0.517 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over San Antonio, who had a mark of 0.434. The Lakers’ mark was below their season average of 0.518, while the Spurs’ was below their season average of 0.523. Chicago, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.471 vs. 0.518). Chicago rallied around Wendell Carter Jr., who put up 20 points and 10 rebounds. LeBron James, meanwhile led the way for Los Angeles with 21 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds to record his first triple-double this season.
The Lakers dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent game, Los Angeles won 123-107. Los Angeles’ free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Chicago. The Lakers had a rate of 0.186, while the Bulls posted a mark of 0.132.
Vegas has a tendency to place the total high when the Lakers are playing, as four of their six games have ended under the total. Los Angeles heads into the game with records of 5-1 straight up (SU) and 5-1 against the spread (ATS).
Bulls games also have typically gone under the projected point total (57.1 percent). Further, Chicago owns records of 2-5 SU and 2-5 ATS.
It will be a showdown of opposite styles as the fast-breaking Lakers will look to push the more grind-it-out Bulls. Since last season, the Lakers rank third in possessions per game while the Bulls are 16th.
Los Angeles Lakers at Chicago Bulls Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Lakers rank 17th in three pointers attempted per game (30.8) while the Bulls rank 27th (26.7).
- Los Angeles ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.6) while Chicago ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.9).
- The Lakers rank 10th in assists per game (25.4) while the Bulls rank 27th (22.0).
- Chicago ranks 10th in steals allowed per game (7.2) while Los Angeles ranks 26th (8.3).
- Chicago ranks 14th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.4) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (18.3).
- The Lakers rank eighth in rebounds per game (46.5) while the Bulls rank 26th (42.8).
- The Lakers rank second in points in the paint per game (55.4) while the Bulls rank 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.3).
- Los Angeles ranks 20th in second chance points per game (12.9) while Chicago ranks last (11.2).
- Chicago ranks 10th in fast break points allowed per game (13.2) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (16.0).
- When allowing under 100 points, Los Angeles is 10-0 and Chicago is 8-6.
- The Bulls are 20-39 when they reach 100 points, while the Lakers are 40-36.