The Los Angeles Kings, led by Anze Kopitar and Alex Iafallo, are preparing to take the ice against Nathan MacKinnon, Andre Burakovsky, and the Colorado Avalanche at Falcon Stadium in a Western Conference showdown. The game will get underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, and you are able to catch the game live on NBC.
Los Angeles Kings at Colorado Avalanche Odds
The Avalanche (-220) are being picked as the heavy favorites over the Kings (+180) and the oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at 6 goals (-105 over, -115 under).
Colorado is 33-23 straight-up (SU) and has earned 4.4 units for moneyline bettors this year. That winning percentage, ranked fifth in the NHL in this young season, is a welcome improvement over the 38-44 record from the 2018-19 season campaign. Through 56 regular season matches, 28 of the team’s games have gone over the total, while 26 have gone under and just two have pushed. The team is 15-12 SU at home this season.
The Avalanche have converted on 19.5 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, their penalty kill is rated 22nd overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 77.9 percent of all penalties.
Boasting a .915 save percentage and 27.5 saves per game, Philipp Grubauer (19-16-4) has been the primary option in goal for the Avs this year. If Colorado chooses to give him the night off, however, head coach Jared Bednar might turn to Pavel Francouz (14-7-7 record, .925 save percentage, 2.42 goals against average).
Los Angeles has lost 12.7 units for bettors taking the moneyline thus far and is currently 20-38 straight up (SU). Through 58 regular season outings, 31 of its games have gone under the total, while 23 have gone over and just four have pushed. As an away team so far, the Kings are 8-25 SU.
The Kings have converted on just 16.7 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s ranked 26th in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 27th overall and it’s successfully killed off 75.3 percent of all opponent power plays.
Jonathan Quick (3.05 goals against average and .895 save percentage) has been the primary option in goal for Los Angeles. Quick is averaging 25.9 saves per game and owns an 11-25-3 record.
Los Angeles Kings at Colorado Avalanche Betting Predictions
Free NHL Tip: SU Winner – Avalanche, O/U – Over
- Seven of Colorado’s last ten contests have been decided by two or more goals. The team is 6-1 overall in those games.
- The extra-man advantage may be extremely important tonight. The Kings are 7-15 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 15-31 when they’re in the penalty box for fewer than 10 minutes, in total. The Avalanche are 18-9 when the team serves fewer penalty minutes than the opposition and 24-10 in games where they’re in the box for less than 10 minutes.
- The total has gone under in each of Colorado’s last five outings.
- Los Angeles is ranked 16th this season with 10.0 giveaways per game. That figure has trended down recently, however, as it’s averaged 9.0 giveaways over its last 10 games and 8.0 giveaways over its last five.
- Colorado skaters have averaged 8.2 giveaways over its last five home games, right in line with its season average of 8.0 giveaways per game (ranked 4th).