The Los Angeles Kings, spearheaded by Anze Kopitar and Dustin Brown, are set to take the ice against Clayton Keller, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, and the Arizona Coyotes at Gila River Arena in a Pacific Division matchup. The opening face-off takes place at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 2, and you can catch it live on Fox Arizona Plus.
Los Angeles Kings at Arizona Coyotes Odds
The Coyotes (-210) are favored over the Kings (+175) and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at 5 goals. The odds for betting the total stand at -130 money on the over and +110 on the under.
Netting 3.8 units for moneyline bettors, Arizona is 38-41 straight up (SU) overall thus far. That early-season winning percentage is a welcomed improvement over the 29-53 record from the 2017-18 season campaign. Of its 79 regular season contests, 44 have gone under the total, while 32 have gone over and just three have pushed. This year, the team’s 20-19 SU at home.
The Coyotes have converted on just 16.5 percent of their power play chances this year, a mark that places them in the bottom-10 overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked first overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 85.1 percent of all penalties.
With a .924 save percentage and 28.3 saves per game, Darcy Kuemper (26-27-8) has been the principal option in goal for Arizona this season. If Arizona decides to rest him, however, the team may turn to Antti Raanta (6-6-6 record, .906 save percentage, 2.88 goals against average).
Los Angeles has lost 16.2 units for moneyline bettors thus far and is currently 29-50 straight up (SU). A total of 39 of its contests have gone under the total, while 36 have gone over and just three have pushed. As the visiting team, the Kings are 13-26 SU.
The Kings have converted on just 16.0 percent of their power play chances this year, a figure that’s ranked 28th in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 29th overall and it’s successfully killed off 75.2 percent of all penalties.
Jonathan Quick (3.41 goals against average and .887 save percentage) has been the primary option in goal for Los Angeles. Quick is averaging 25.6 saves per game and has 15 wins, 30 losses, and seven OT losses to his credit.
Los Angeles Kings at Arizona Coyotes Betting Predictions
Free NHL Pick: SU Winner – Coyotes, O/U – Over
- Penalties and power plays could prove to be key in this one. The Kings are 10-21 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 22-36 when they serve fewer than 10 penalty minutes, in total. The Coyotes are 16-23 when they serve fewer penalty minutes than the opposition and 25-32 when total penalty minutes are in the single digits.
- Two of Arizona’s last ten games have been decided by a shootout. The team is 0-2 in those games and 4-3 overall in shootouts this year.
- The total has gone under in each of Arizona’s last five games.
- Los Angeles skaters have averaged 11.4 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 10.4 giveaways per game (ranked 17th in the NHL).
- Arizona skaters have averaged 8.8 giveaways over its last five home games, its season average of 8.4 giveaways per game (the 6th-fewest in the league).
- This game features two of the tougher teams in the league. Los Angeles skaters have accounted for the 12th-most hits in the league (23.3 per game) and the Coyotes have recorded the ninth-most (24.7).