Offense meets defense when the Los Angeles Clippers (5-5) visit Oklahoma City to take on the Thunder (4-6). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 209.5 points with Oklahoma City opening as a 6.5-point favorite. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Oklahoma.
Los Angeles Clippers at Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Preview
The Clippers lost to the San Antonio Spurs in their last contest, 120-107. Los Angeles’ Blake Griffin finished with 15 points, nine rebounds and six assists in the contest. San Antonio’s turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Los Angeles. The Spurs had a rate of 12.3 (better than their season average of 12.5), while the Clippers posted a mark of 16.0 (above their season average of 12.5).
In the Thunder’s last game, they were defeated by the Sacramento Kings, 94-86. Russell Westbrook led Oklahoma City in scoring with 20 points on 7-for-21 shooting. Sacramento held the Thunder to an effective field goal percentage of 0.395 (below their season average of 0.519). Oklahoma City, meanwhile, forced the Kings into a turnover percentage of 21.4 (above their season average of 13.4).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Oklahoma City should have a significant edge. The Thunder defense ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.490), while the Los Angeles offense is ranked 16th in effective field goal percentage (0.515). Furthermore, the Clippers rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (28.3 percent), while the Thunder rank 22nd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.4 percent).
Of Los Angeles’ 10 games, five have finished under the O/U total, while 8 of Oklahoma City’s 10 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Clippers have a significant advantage. They are 5-5 SU and 5-5 ATS, while the Thunder are 4-6 SU and 4-6 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after splitting four games last season. The Clippers won the last matchup 120-98. The Clippers played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.0 and an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.622. For those same stats, the Thunder had marks of 19.6 and 0.482, respectively.
Los Angeles Clippers at Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Under
- The Clippers rank fifth in rebounds per game (46.7) while the Thunder rank 20th (42.1).
- Oklahoma City averages 32.4 three pointers per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 15th in three pointers allowed per game (28.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.6) while Los Angeles ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- Los Angeles is 2-1 ATS on the road with 2 unders and 1 over.
- Oklahoma City is 2-2 ATS at home with 3 unders and 1 over.
- Oklahoma City is 4-2 when they allow less than 100 points, while Los Angeles is 4-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Thunder are 4-2 and the Clippers are 5-4.
- The Clippers rank third in second chance points per game (15.3) while the Thunder rank 15th (11.9).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in steals per game (10.6) while Los Angeles ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- The Thunder rank second in fast break points allowed per game (7.7) while the Clippers rank 20th (12.6).
- The Thunder allow the fewest points in the paint per game (37.4) while the Clippers rank third (39.0).
- Oklahoma City ranks second in points off turnovers allowed per game (13.6) while Los Angeles ranks 17th (17.7).
- Oklahoma City is 2-3 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs.
- The Thunder’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 5.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 108.8 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.2 points per game (11.4 above their season average).