The Los Angeles Clippers (5-10), who are currently on an eight-game skid, will try to get back in the win column when they travel to Madison Square Garden to challenge the New York Knicks (8-7). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 209.5 points with New York set as a 1.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017, and it can be seen on MSG Network.
Los Angeles Clippers at New York Knicks Betting Preview
The Clippers lost to the Charlotte Hornets in their last matchup, 102-87. DeAndre Jordan had a solid performance for Los Angeles, contributing 10 points and 14 rebounds. Charlottes turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Los Angeles. The Hornets had a rate of 7.4 (better than their season average of 12.2), while the Clippers posted a mark of 13.3.
In the Knicks last matchup, they were beaten by the Toronto Raptors, 107-84. With 13 points and five rebounds, New Yorks Tim Hardaway Jr. had a good performance. Toronto had an effective field goal percentage of 0.622 (above their season average of 0.548). New York, on the other hand, held the Raptors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.4 (below their season average of 21.0).
The offensive glass should be a major edge for New York in this contest. The Knicks rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (27.1 percent), while Los Angeles ranks 16th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.1 percent).
Of Los Angeles 15 games, eight have finished under the projected point total, while 8 of New Yorks 15 games have finished under the projected point total. The Knicks come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-7 SU and 9-6 ATS, while the Clippers are 5-10 SU and 6-9 ATS.
Lou Williams has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Los Angeles, averaging 22.0 points, 4.2 assists and 1.8 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Clippers won both matchups played against each other last season. In the last game, Los Angeles won 114-105. The Clippers 8.4 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Knicks, who had a mark of 10.8.
Los Angeles Clippers at New York Knicks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank 10th in assists per game (22.7) while the Clippers rank 26th (19.6).
- New York ranks 15th in blocks per game (4.7) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- New York ranks second in second chance points per game (16.5) while Los Angeles ranks 17th in second chance points allowed per game (12.7).
- New York averages 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 20th in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- New York is 8-2 ATS at home, while Los Angeles is 3-4 ATS on the road.
- In 7 road games, the Clippers have 4 unders and 3 overs.
- In 10 home games, the Knicks have 7 overs and 3 unders.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Los Angeles is 4-1 and New York is 3-0.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Clippers are 5-8 and the Knicks are 8-2.
- The Clippers rank 17th in fast break points per game (9.2) while the Knicks rank 27th (6.0).
- New York ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (40.0) while Los Angeles ranks 19th (44.3).
- The Clippers rank 12th in three pointers allowed per game (28.0) while the Knicks rank 29th (33.5).
- The Knicks rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (38.8) while the Clippers rank eighth (41.7).
- Los Angeles ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while New York ranks 25th (14.7).
- New York is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Knicks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.4, up from 0.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 103.8 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 112.0 points per game (5.5 above their season average).