The Golden State Warriors (55-24), 11.5-point favorites, welcome the Los Angeles Clippers (47-33) to ORACLE Arena to start Western Conference play. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 235 points and it will air on NBC Sports – Bay Area at 8:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 7, 2019.
Los Angeles Clippers at Golden State Warriors Betting Odds
Neither team was able to cover in their last outing. The Warriors (15.5-point favorites) beat the Cleveland Cavaliers, 120-114, while the Clippers (11.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Los Angeles Lakers, 122-117. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Golden State game went 9 points over the projected point total of 225, while the Los Angeles game went 11 points over the projected point total of 228.
Golden State’s 0.644 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Cleveland, who had a mark of 0.479. The Warriors’ mark was above their season average of 0.563. Los Angeles, on the other hand, did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (27-31; 87.1 percent). Stephen Curry played well for Golden State with 40 points, seven assists and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Danilo Gallinari had a good game for Los Angeles, putting up 27 points, eight assists and six rebounds.
The Warriors lead the season series two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 206 points, well under the projected point total of 242. Golden State won 112-94, covering as a 7.5-point favorite. Golden State had a much better turnover percentage (9.3 vs. 15.2). Los Angeles, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (23.1 vs. 7.0). Curry was a standout player in the game, putting up 28 points and five rebounds.
Oddsmakers have a tendency to place the total low when the Clippers are involved, as 44 of their 80 games have gone over the total. Los Angeles heads into the game with records of 47-33 straight up (SU) and 45-34-1 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Los Angeles, games involving the Warriors have a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total (53.2 percent). Golden State has a solid 55-24 SU record, but they have a hard time covering the spread (34-44-1 ATS).
The prolific offense of Golden State (first in the league with an offensive efficiency of 114.4) will go head-to-head against the porous defense of Los Angeles (21st in the league with a defensive efficiency of 109.3). The Warriors should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Also, the Clippers, who rank first in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.259), could earn plenty of trips to the line against the Warriors, who rank 23rd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.208).
Clippers at Warriors Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
- The Warriors average 46.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 11th in the league. The Clippers rank 18th in rebounds allowed per game (45.6).
- Golden State ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.7) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (6.0).
- The Warriors average 19.2 fast break points per game, which ranks third in the league. The Clippers rank 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (14.7).
- Golden State ranks first in assists per game (29.4) while Los Angeles ranks 19th (23.9).
- Los Angeles averages 13.2 second chance points per game, which ranks 14th in the league. Golden State ranks 22nd in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- The Warriors rank seventh in three pointers attempted per game (34.5) while the Clippers rank 28th (25.9).
- The Warriors average 16.2 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. The Clippers rank 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.7).
- Golden State ranks 16th in steals per game (7.6) while Los Angeles ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Los Angeles ranks eighth in points in the paint per game (51.0) while Golden State ranks 29th (43.0).
- Golden State is 10-0 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Los Angeles is 7-1.
- The Warriors are 55-16 when they score more than 100 points, while the Clippers are 47-24.
- Golden State is 15-24-1 ATS at home, while Los Angeles is 23-16-1 ATS on the road.
- In 40 road games, the Clippers have 22 unders and 18 overs.
- The Warriors have 24 unders and 16 overs in 40 home games.
- The Warriors are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Clippers are 2-2-1.
- In their last five games, Golden State has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Los Angeles has 4 overs and 1 under.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 122.2 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.4 points per game (5.8 below their season average).
- The Clippers have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Los Angeles has defeated opponents by an average of 1.1 points.