The Denver Nuggets (33-27) will be at home in Pepsi Center when they meet the Los Angeles Clippers (31-27). Denver is a 3.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 233.5 points. Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, and it can be seen on TNT.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Denver Nuggets Odds Preview
In the Clippers’ last game, they beat the Phoenix Suns, 128-117. With 30 points and 12 rebounds, Tobias Harris had a good game for Los Angeles. The Clippers made 24 of their 32 free throws (75.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.525).
The Nuggets are trying to rebound after their 119-114 loss to the Houston Rockets in their last outing. With 21 points, 14 rebounds and eight assists, Nikola Jokic put together a solid game for Denver. Houston did an excellent job of making free throws (26-32; 81.3 percent). Denver, on the other hand, forced the Rockets into a turnover percentage of 16.5 (above their season average of 12.2).
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for Denver in this contest. The Nuggets rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (26.3 percent), while Los Angeles ranks 28th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.1 percent). Moreover, the Clippers are among the NBA’s elite at getting to the line, ranking third in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.226). The Nuggets, meanwhile, rank fifth at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents’ FTA rate of 0.174.
Of Los Angeles’ 58 games, 30 have finished over the O/U total, while 31 of Denver’s 60 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (31-27 for Los Angeles; 33-27 for Denver), but the Clippers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Los Angeles is 33-24-1 ATS, while the Nuggets are 28-29-3.
The Clippers’ DeAndre Jordan (16.4 rebounds, 15.2 points, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks) and Harris (16.4 points, 7.6 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.4 steals) have been playing well over their last five games. Meanwhile, the Nuggets have gotten solid contributions from Jokic (23.2 points, 11.0 rebounds and 10.4 assists) and Wilson Chandler (16.6 points and 7.4 rebounds).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 213 points, which was under the projected point total of 219. The Clippers won 109-104, covering as 4-point favorites. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Los Angeles’ biggest advantages. They made 31 trips to the line, while Denver went 18 times. Mason Plumlee had a double-double in the defeat, with 16 points and 14 rebounds.
Los Angeles Clippers at Denver Nuggets Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets rank second in second chance points allowed per game (10.1) while the Clippers rank 21st (12.9).
- Denver ranks 10th in points off turnovers per game (17.1) while Los Angeles ranks 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.1).
- Denver ranks fourth in assists per game (24.6) while Los Angeles ranks 20th (22.3).
- Denver ranks 17th in blocks per game (4.6) while Los Angeles ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Los Angeles is 19-10-1 ATS on the road with 15 overs and 15 unders.
- At home, Denver is 17-14-1 ATS with 17 unders and 15 overs.
- Los Angeles is 11-2 when they allow under 100 points, while Denver is 13-2.
- The Clippers are 29-18 when they score over 100 points, while the Nuggets are 27-18.
- The Nuggets average 30.4 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Clippers rank 18th in three pointers allowed per game (29.8).
- Los Angeles ranks third in points in the paint per game (49.7) while Denver ranks 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (46.9).
- The Nuggets rank eighth in fast break points per game (13.7) while the Clippers rank 29th in fast break points allowed per game (14.9).
- The Nuggets average 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. The Clippers rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Denver ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (40.9) while Los Angeles ranks 21st (44.2).
- Denver is 3-2 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Nuggets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 119.2 points per game (10.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 116.6 points per game (8.9 above their season average).