The San Antonio Spurs (6-4) will be at home in AT&T Center when they challenge the Los Angeles Clippers (5-4). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 201 points with San Antonio set as a 3.5-point favorite. Action begins at at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 7, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southwest.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs Betting Preview
In the Clippers’ last matchup, they lost a tough one against the Miami Heat, 104-101. Los Angeles’ DeAndre Jordan recorded 10 points and 19 rebounds in the contest. Miami held the Clippers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.443 (below their season average of 0.516). Los Angeles, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 27.0).
The Spurs hope to keep it rolling after topping the Phoenix Suns, 112-95, in their last outing. With 21 points on 9-for-13 shooting, LaMarcus Aldridge was the top scorer from either team. The Spurs forced 18 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.563 (above their season average of 0.470).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. San Antonio ranks 23rd in possessions per game (96.5) and Los Angeles is 22nd (97.7) dating back to last season. Moreover, the Clippers rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (22.1 percent), while the Spurs rank third in defensive rebounding percentage (78.1 percent).
Los Angeles games have gone under 55.6 percent of the time, while games involving San Antonio have gone under 60.0 percent of the time. The Spurs have the superior straight up (SU) record (6-4 vs. 5-4), but the Clippers have the better against the spread (ATS) record (5-4 vs. 5-4-1).
Pau Gasol has taken his game to another level over the last five games for San Antonio, averaging 11.2 points, 8.4 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.4 blocks per game.
The Clippers won three out of four contests against the Spurs last season. In the most recent game, the Clippers won 116-92. The Clippers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 7.6 and a great effective field goal percentage of 0.566. The Spurs were 15.0 and 0.473, respectively, for those same stats.
Los Angeles Clippers at San Antonio Spurs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Clippers rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (42.6) while the Spurs rank 15th (41.1).
- Los Angeles averages 43.1 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the league. San Antonio ranks 11th in rebounds allowed per game (41.4).
- Los Angeles ranks sixth in points off turnovers per game (15.4) while San Antonio ranks 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.1).
- When allowing less than 100 points, San Antonio is 48-7 and Los Angeles is 32-9.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Clippers are 51-20 and the Spurs are 64-13.
- The Clippers rank 11th in fast break points per game (13.3) while the Spurs rank 18th in fast break points allowed per game (13.1).
- San Antonio averages 5.8 blocks per game, which ranks second in the league. Los Angeles ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Clippers rank 14th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while the Spurs rank 28th (23.5).
- The Clippers rank 10th in steals per game (7.5) while the Spurs rank 15th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- San Antonio ranks first in second chance points allowed per game (11.8) while Los Angeles ranks 14th (12.5).