The Los Angeles Clippers (38-19), 5.5-point favorites, will be at Talking Stick Resort Arena to meet the Phoenix Suns (24-34) in a Pacific Division matchup. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 233 points and it can be seen on FSN Prime Ticket at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last outing. The Suns (8.5-point underdogs) defeated the Utah Jazz 131-111, while the Clippers (11.5-point favorite) beat the Memphis Grizzlies 124-97. The Phoenix game went 17.5 points over the projected point total of 224.5, while the Los Angeles game went 14 points under the projected point total of 235.
Los Angeles played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.585 (above their season average of 0.527) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.4 (above their season average of 24.1). For those same stats, Memphis recorded marks of 0.455 and 22.0, respectively. Phoenix, on the other hand, played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6 (above their season average of 22.0) and a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 12.7). Utah recorded marks of 15.6 and 17.9, respectively, for those same stats. Phoenix’s Ricky Rubio had a good outing, recording 22 points, 11 assists and seven steals. Kawhi Leonard played a pivotal role for Los Angeles with 25 points and eight rebounds.
The Clippers evened the season series at one with a 120-99 blowout win in their most recent contest. Paul George scored a game-high 24 points. Los Angeles’ 0.180 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Phoenix, who had a rate of 0.069. Los Angeles covered as a 13-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 219 points, which was under the projected point total of 228.
Matchups featuring the Clippers have a tendency to finish under the O/U total (56.1 percent). Los Angeles comes into the game with records of 38-19 straight up (SU) and 29-27-1 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has been spot on when setting the total of Suns games, with an even split between overs and unders. Further, Phoenix is 24-34 SU and 27-30-1 ATS.
The aggressive Phoenix offense seems poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Suns currently rank fifth in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.225, while Los Angeles ranks 19th in FTA rate allowed (0.209).
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Suns, O/U – Under
- The Suns average 18.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks third in the league. The Clippers rank 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.7).
- Phoenix ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (32.0) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (35.3).
- The Suns rank second in assists per game (27.0) while the Clippers rank 17th (23.9).
- Los Angeles ranks 12th in blocks per game (5.1) while Phoenix ranks 26th (3.9).
- Phoenix averages 14.4 fast break points per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (14.4).
- The Clippers rank fourth in second chance points per game (14.3) while the Suns rank 23rd (12.3).
- The Clippers rank eighth in points in the paint per game (49.3) while the Suns rank 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (50.0).
- Phoenix averages 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 12th in the league. Los Angeles ranks 20th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Los Angeles ranks third in rebounds per game (48.2) while Phoenix ranks 22nd (43.1).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Phoenix is 7-2 and Los Angeles is 15-0.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Suns are 23-28 and the Clippers are 36-14.
- Phoenix is 11-17-1 ATS at home, while Los Angeles is 13-15 ATS on the road.
- In 28 road games, the Clippers have 16 unders and 12 overs.
- The Suns have 16 overs and 13 unders in 29 home games.
- In their last five games, Los Angeles and Phoenix are both 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 119.2 points per game (3.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.4 points per game (0.3 above their season average).
- The Suns’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, up from 0.9 for the season.