The New Orleans Pelicans (6-6) will be at home in Smoothie King Center when they meet the Los Angeles Clippers (5-5). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 213.5 points with New Orleans opening as a 5.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – New Orleans.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. New Orleans Pelicans Betting Preview
In the Clippers’ last game, they fell to the San Antonio Spurs, 120-107. Los Angeles’ Blake Griffin had a good game, putting up 15 points, nine rebounds and six assists. San Antonio’s 12.3 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Los Angeles, who had a rate of 16.0. The Spurs’ mark was better than their season average of 12.5, while the Clippers’ was above their season average of 12.5.
The Pelicans are hoping for a better outcome after their 122-118 loss to the Toronto Raptors in their last matchup. Jrue Holiday was the game’s high scorer with 34 points on 14-for-20 shooting. Toronto held the Pelicans to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.5 (below their season average of 21.3). New Orleans, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.207 (above their season average of 0.200).
This contest should be a showdown of opposite styles. New Orleans has preferred a fast-breaking style of play (seventh in possessions per game), while Los Angeles has been slower-paced (24th in possessions per game).
There does not appear to be a trend for either of these teams in terms of going over or under the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (5-5 for Los Angeles; 6-6 for New Orleans), but the Pelicans have the advantage against the spread (ATS). New Orleans is 8-4 ATS, while the Clippers are 5-5.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Clippers won two out of three contests last season. In the most recent game, New Orleans won 102-98. The Pelicans’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Clippers. New Orleans had a rate of 5.9, while Los Angeles posted a mark of 9.7.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. New Orleans Pelicans Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Under
- The Clippers rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (39.0) while the Pelicans rank 15th (43.2).
- New Orleans ranks 10th in blocks per game (5.1) while Los Angeles ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- New Orleans ranks 10th in fast break points per game (11.0) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (12.6).
- Los Angeles ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (19.0) while New Orleans ranks 14th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.4).
- New Orleans is 2-2 ATS at home, while Los Angeles is 2-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 2 of the Clippers’ 3 road games, while 2 of the Pelicans’ 4 home games have gone over.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, New Orleans is 2-0 and Los Angeles is 4-1.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Pelicans are 4-2 and the Clippers are 5-4.
- The Clippers rank 13th in three pointers attempted per game (29.4) while the Pelicans rank 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (31.3).
- New Orleans ranks fifth in assists per game (24.7) while Los Angeles ranks 23rd (20.2).
- The Clippers average 46.7 rebounds per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Pelicans rank 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- The Pelicans rank 14th in steals per game (8.3) while the Clippers rank 20th in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- Los Angeles ranks third in second chance points per game (15.3) while New Orleans ranks 16th in second chance points allowed per game (12.3).
- New Orleans is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs.
- The Pelicans have outscored opponents by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, New Orleans has been defeated by an average of 0.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 108.8 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.2 points per game (11.4 above their season average).