The Los Angeles Clippers (25-21) will travel to the American Airlines Center to go head-to-head with the Dallas Mavericks (20-26). The Clippers opened as 2-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 223.5 points and it will air on FSN Prime Ticket at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
Los Angeles Clippers at Dallas Mavericks ATS Odds
The last time the Clippers played, they beat the San Antonio Spurs, 103-95, as 9.5-point underdogs. The Mavericks, on the other hand, were defeated by the Milwaukee Bucks, 116-106, and failed to cover as 7.5-point underdogs. The Los Angeles game finished 22.5 points under the projected point total of 220.5, while the Dallas game went 7 points over the projected point total of 215.
Los Angeles dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 12.4) and a free throw rate of 0.165 (matching their season average). San Antonio was 16.4 and 0.107, respectively, for those same stats. Dallas, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.4 vs. 12.2). Dallas rallied around Luka Doncic, who registered 18 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists. This gave him his zeroth triple-double this year. Tobias Harris played a pivotal role for Los Angeles with 27 points, nine rebounds and nine assists.
The Clippers had the upper hand in the most recent game, a 125-121 win, to even the season series at one. Danilo Gallinari was the game’s top overall scorer with 32 points. Los Angeles’ effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Dallas. The Clippers had a rate of 0.602 while the Mavericks posted a mark of 0.522. Los Angeles covered as a 3-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 246 points, which was well over the projected point total of 223.
Of the Clippers’ 46 games, 25 have finished over the total. Los Angeles holds records of 25-21 straight up (SU) and 25-21 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Los Angeles, a little over half of Mavericks games have finished under the O/U total. Moreover, Dallas owns records of 20-26 SU and 26-19 ATS.
The aggressive Dallas offense might be living from the foul line in this contest. The Mavericks rank third in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.231, while Los Angeles is among the league’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 25th-ranked FTA rate of 0.219).
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Dallas Mavericks Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Under
- The Mavericks rank 19th in steals per game (7.4) while the Clippers rank 29th (6.3).
- Dallas ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (34.8) while Los Angeles ranks 29th (24.6).
- The Mavericks average 46.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 10th in the league. The Clippers rank 24th in rebounds allowed per game (45.9).
- Dallas ranks 14th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9) while Los Angeles ranks 27th (17.8).
- Los Angeles averages 12.6 fast break points per game, which ranks 16th in the league. Dallas ranks 28th in fast break points allowed per game (17.2).
- The Mavericks rank seventh in blocks allowed per game (4.7) while the Clippers rank 28th (6.2).
- The Mavericks rank 13th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.3) while the Clippers rank 25th (51.2).
- Dallas ranks ninth in second chance points per game (13.8) while Los Angeles ranks 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (14.3).
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Dallas is 6-2 and Los Angeles is 5-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Clippers are 25-15 and the Mavericks are 20-21.
- Dallas is 15-7 ATS at home, while Los Angeles is 12-10 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 11 of the Clippers’ 22 road games, while 12 of the Mavericks’ 22 home games have gone under.
- The Mavericks are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Clippers are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Dallas has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Los Angeles has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 107.8 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 113.2 points per game (3.5 above their season average).
- The Clippers have been outscored by an average of 7.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Los Angeles has defeated opponents by an average of 0.3 points.