The Los Angeles Clippers (5-9) go head-to-head against the Charlotte Hornets (5-9) look to end their losing streaks when they clash at Spectrum Center. The Clippers have lost their last seven games, while the Hornets have lost six consecutive games. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 212 points with Charlotte set as a 4.5-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Carolina.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Charlotte Hornets ATS Preview
In the Clippers last outing, they fell to the Cleveland Cavaliers, 118-113. Los Angeles DeAndre Jordan recorded 20 points and 22 rebounds in the contest. Cleveland did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (23-29; 79.3 percent). Los Angeles, meanwhile, held the Cavaliers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.0 (below their season average of 22.9).
The Hornets are trying to rebound after their 123-120 loss to the Chicago Bulls in their last contest. Kemba Walker was the games leading scorer with 47 points on 17-for-27 shooting. Chicago had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 13.4). Charlotte, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (26-34; 76.5 percent).
Los Angeles could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Charlotte ranks first in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.4 percent), while Los Angeles forces the 13th-most turnovers (15.2 percent). Also, the Clippers rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 percent), while the Hornets rank fifth in defensive rebounding percentage (80.4 percent).
Of Los Angeles 13 games that accepted bets, seven have finished under the O/U total, while 7 of Charlottes 13 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Clippers are 5-9 SU and 5-8 ATS, while the Hornets are 5-9 SU and 5-7-1 ATS.
Lou Williams has really been playing well over the last five games for Los Angeles, averaging 23.8 points, 3.2 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Clippers won both matchups last season. In the last matchup, Los Angeles won 124-121. Los Angeles had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.3 vs. 13.5). Charlotte, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (27-30; 90.0 percent).
Los Angeles Clippers at Charlotte Hornets Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Under
- The Clippers average 45.7 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the league. The Hornets rank 21st in rebounds allowed per game (44.6).
- Los Angeles averages 29.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. Charlotte ranks 24th in three pointers allowed per game (32.4).
- Los Angeles ranks 14th in steals per game (8.2) while Charlotte ranks 27th (5.6).
- Charlotte averages 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 18th in the league. Los Angeles ranks 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- On the road, Los Angeles is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- Charlotte is 4-2 ATS at home with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- Charlotte is 3-1 when they allow less than 100 points, while Los Angeles is 4-1.
- The Clippers are 5-8 when they reach 100 points, while the Hornets are 5-4.
- The Clippers rank fourth in points in the paint per game (47.7) while the Hornets rank 17th (42.7).
- Los Angeles ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (19.7) while Charlotte ranks 29th (14.3).
- The Hornets rank third in fast break points allowed per game (8.1) while the Clippers rank 24th (12.2).
- The Clippers rank 26th in assists per game (19.7) while the Hornets rank 28th (19.6).
- Los Angeles ranks third in second chance points per game (15.0) while Charlotte ranks 17th (11.9).
- Charlotte is 0-4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 0-5 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- The Hornets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 2.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 107.8 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.6 points per game (8.7 above their season average).