The Los Angeles Clippers (5-11), who are currently on a nine-game skid, will try to get back in the win column when they visit Philips Arena to clash against the Atlanta Hawks (3-14). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 210.5 points with Los Angeles set as a 3-point favorite. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Atlanta Hawks Free Preview
The Clippers got blown out by the New York Knicks in their last matchup, 107-85. With 21 points on 6-for-18 shooting, Blake Griffin was Los Angeles leading scorer. New York had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.0 (above their season average of 27.1). Los Angeles, on the other hand, forced the Knicks into a turnover percentage of 19.3 (above their season average of 13.8).
In the Hawks last game, they were blown out by the San Antonio Spurs, 96-85. John Collins led Atlanta in scoring with 21 points on 10-for-12 shooting. San Antonio did a fantastic job of making free throws (6-6; 100.0 percent). Atlanta, on the other hand, forced the Spurs into a turnover percentage of 16.4 (above their season average of 12.9).
Look for Los Angeles to dominate the offensive glass in this showdown. The Clippers currently rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (25.5 percent), while Atlanta ranks 29th in defensive rebounding percentage (73.7 percent).
Of Los Angeles 16 games, nine have finished under the projected point total, while 8 of Atlantas 17 games have finished over the O/U total. The Clippers have the superior straight up (SU) record (5-11 vs. 3-14), but the Hawks have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (7-9-1 vs. 6-10).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Clippers won both matchups last season. In the most recent contest, Los Angeles won 99-84. Los Angeles had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.557 vs. 0.449). Atlanta, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (22.2 vs. 12.5).
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Atlanta Hawks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
- The Clippers average 29.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. The Hawks rank 29th in three pointers allowed per game (32.8).
- Los Angeles averages 46.4 points in the paint per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. Atlanta ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.8).
- Los Angeles ranks sixth in points off turnovers per game (18.9) while Atlanta ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.1).
- Atlanta is 3-3 ATS at home, while Los Angeles is 3-5 ATS on the road.
- The Clippers have 5 unders and 3 overs in 8 road games.
- In 6 home games, the Hawks have 4 overs, 1 under and 1 push.
- Atlanta is 1-2 when they allow less than 100 points, while Los Angeles is 4-1.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Hawks are 3-8 and the Clippers are 5-8.
- The Clippers average 45.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Hawks rank 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (45.9).
- Atlanta averages 9.0 steals per game, which ranks third in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- The Clippers rank fifth in second chance points per game (14.1) while the Hawks rank 25th in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- The Hawks rank 16th in fast break points per game (9.0) while the Clippers rank 24th in fast break points allowed per game (12.3).
- Atlanta ranks 10th in assists per game (22.9) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (19.6).
- Atlanta is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Atlanta has been defeated by an average of 5.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 98.6 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.4 points per game (2.8 above their season average).