The Radford Highlanders (19-12, 12-6 BigSou) and the Longwood Lancers (7-25, 4-15 BigSou) square off in the Big South Conference Tourney at Kimmel Arena. Radford is a 13.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 129 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 1, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Longwood Lancers vs. Radford Highlanders ATS Preview
In the Lancers’ last contest, they defeated the High Point Panthers, 68-55. Isaiah Walton was Longwood’s leading scorer with 14 points on 5-for-14 shooting. Longwood played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.321 (above their season average of 0.231) and a turnover percentage of 13.6 (better than their season average of 20.5). High Point put up marks of 0.170 and 21.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Highlanders played it was against the Lancers. The Highlanders won 70-47. The Highlanders have now emerged victorious in both matchups against the Lancers this year. The Highlanders played a nearly perfect game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500. The Lancers were 15.4 and 0.327, respectively, for those same stats. Butts IV had a standout performance in the victory, putting up 11 points and seven rebounds.
The offensive glass could be a huge advantage for Radford in this showdown. The Highlanders rank 25th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.8 percent), while Longwood ranks 301st in defensive rebounding percentage (68.3 percent).
Both of these teams tend to finish under the O/U total. Games featuring Longwood have gone under 100.0 percent of the time, while 60.0 percent of Radford games have finished under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Highlanders have a clear advantage. They are 19-12 SU and 3-3 ATS, while the Lancers are 7-25 SU and 2-1 ATS.
Longwood Lancers vs. Radford Highlanders Betting Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Radford, ATS Winner – Longwood, O/U – Under
- The Highlanders rank 134th in steals per game (6.1) while the Lancers rank 210th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Radford ranks 29th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while Longwood ranks 255th (37.9).
- The Highlanders rank 79th in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while the Lancers rank 253rd (24.7).
- Radford ranks 30th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Longwood ranks 128th (13.2).
- Radford is 1-0 ATS with 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Longwood is 1-0 ATS with 1 under.
- The Highlanders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.8, up from 2.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lancers have scored an average of 60.0 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (3.4 below their season average).