The country’s top scoring team will be at home in McAlister Field House, when the Citadel Bulldogs (9-2) take on the Longwood Lancers (9-5). The game can be seen on ESPN 3 at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Longwood Lancers vs. Citadel Bulldogs Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Bulldogs were blown out by the 22nd-ranked Clemson Tigers, 100-80, while the Lancers dismantled the Randolph College Wildcats, 84-56.
Longwood dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.381 and a turnover percentage of 18.2. Randolph College was 0.098 and 28.4, respectively, for those same stats. Citadel, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (18-25; 72.0 percent). Lew Stallworth put together a good performance for Citadel with 15 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Jordan Cintron had a good game for Longwood, contributing 13 points and 10 rebounds.
The Lancers’ Isaiah Walton has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Stallworth has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Bulldogs.
This matchup pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Citadel ranks second in offensive efficiency and Longwood is 26th in defensive efficiency.
Longwood Lancers at Citadel Bulldogs Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Citadel, O/U – Over
- Citadel averages 36.9 three pointers per game, which ranks second in the nation. Longwood ranks 240th in three pointers allowed per game (28.1).
- The Bulldogs rank 38th in steals per game (8.1) while the Lancers rank 79th (7.0).
- Citadel ranks 51st in blocks per game (4.2) while Longwood ranks 60th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Bulldogs rank seventh in assists per game (19.1) while the Lancers rank 188th (11.6).
- Longwood ranks 65th in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while Citadel ranks 242nd (41.4).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 22.2, up from 18.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lancers have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 58.4 points per game (3.8 below their season average).