The Longwood Lancers (6-12, 1-4 BigSou) will be at the John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center to take on the Campbell Fighting Camels (10-7, 1-4 BigSou) in a BigSou matchup. The game begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Longwood Lancers vs. Campbell Fighting Camels ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Fighting Camels fell to the Charleston Southern Buccaneers, 77-62, while the Lancers were defeated by the Presbyterian Blue Hose, 74-67.
Longwood had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3 (above their season average of 23.7) while Campbell had a free throw rate of 0.240 (above their season average of 0.189). Campbell rallied around Cory Gensler, who recorded 10 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Juan Munoz had a good game for Longwood, recording 12 points.
The Fighting Camels dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the most recent game, Campbell won 74-72. One of Campbell’s largest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 17-19 (89.5 percent), while the Lancers were 14-17 (82.4 percent). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The elite offense of Campbell (96th in the country with an effective field goal percentage 0.519) will clash against the mid-tier defense of Longwood (260th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.507). The Fighting Camels figure to have the edge on that side of the ball. Ball protection could be troublesome for the Lancers. They rank 260th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the Fighting Camels force the 27th-most turnovers in the country (opponents’ turnover percentage of 24.2 percent).
Longwood Lancers vs. Campbell Fighting Camels ATS Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Campbell, ATS Winner – Campbell, O/U – Over
- Campbell ranks 45th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while Longwood ranks 235th (25.2).
- The Fighting Camels rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while the Lancers rank 82nd (3.3).
- Campbell ranks 36th in steals per game (8.5) while Longwood ranks 102nd (7.0).
- The Fighting Camels rank 61st in assists per game (14.8) while the Lancers rank 242nd (10.2).
- Longwood ranks 165th in rebounds per game (35.3) while Campbell ranks 270th (30.7).
- During their last five games, the Lancers have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (0.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (4.8 above their season average).
- The Fighting Camels have been outscored by an average of 7.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Campbell has defeated opponents by an average of 3.6 points.