The VMI Keydets (3-5) will be at home in Cameron Hall when they clash with the Longwood Lancers (3-5). Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Longwood Lancers vs. VMI Keydets Betting Preview
In the Lancers last matchup, they defeated the Fayetteville State Broncos, 61-52. Chris Shields led Longwood in scoring with 11 points on 5-for-9 shooting. The Lancers had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.442 vs. 0.331) and had a better free throw rate (0.133 vs. 0.103).
The Keydets are trying to rebound after their 74-51 loss to the Davidson Wildcats in their last game. Austin Vereen was VMI’s high scorer with 12 points on 4-for-9 shooting. Davidson’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Wildcats had more offensive rebounds (10 vs. three), defensive rebounds (28 vs. 27) and total rebounds (38 vs. 30).
Getting to the line might be rare for VMI in this matchup. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Keydets rank 312th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.202, while Longwood ranks 99th in FTA rate allowed (0.221).
Longwood Lancers vs. VMI Keydets Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Longwood, ATS Winner – Longwood, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Keydets rank 251st in assists per game (12.0) while the Lancers rank 296th (10.9).
- Longwood ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while VMI ranks 37th (2.7).
- VMI ranks 43rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Longwood ranks 228th (19.4).
- The Keydets rank 120th in steals per game (6.5) while the Lancers rank 267th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Longwood averages 31.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 297th in the nation. VMI ranks 234th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).